Programmer System Senior Analyst
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
We are seeking a Salesforce Developer to manage the Development Operations for agile solutions in support of our Sales/Commercial and Medical organizations. Solutions will be deployed on the Salesforce platform, Tableau reporting platform and other Commercial/Medical applications/platforms. The resource will be hands-on and will collaborate closely with Commercial, Sales, Medical, IT Operations, Marketing and our partners Veeva & Apttus. The position will report to Sr Manager, Commercial Applications.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Design, Test and Develop innovative Salesforce solutions.
- Design/Develop Apex classes, Controller Classes, Extensions, Visualforce pages and Apex Triggers for various functional needs in Salesforce.
- Develop custom lightning components, apps, pages using lightning app builder and framework.
- Develop Visualforce pages using Java Script and JQuery.
- Develop Apex batch and Scheduled classes to process large volume data.
- Integrate external applications using SOAP and REST APIs
- Migrate change from sandbox to production using ant migration tool, Eclipse and change sets.
- Assist the technical leads in developing implementation plans for agile solutions.
- Author required documentation as needed.
- Focus massively on delivering with speed and quality
- Assist in the generation of documents and reports.
- Provide end-user support as needed.
- Escalate issues to Sales/Commercial/Medical Operations and IT Management and vendor support as needed.
- Apply sound Dev Ops and automation best practices
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.): Include must have and preferred
- 8+ years of experience leading and contributing to technical projects implementing system functionality and integrations in support of business operations
- 5+ years in a lead role implementing technical products and/or projects
- Experience working with life sciences industry on Veeva CRM is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com development tools and techniques, e.g., APEX language, Force.com custom development, SOAP and REST APIs, SOQL, SOSL and creating Visual Force pages as well as Lightning Component development
- Familiarity with relational databases and related concepts
- Familiarity with customer and sales data
- Solid business process/requirements analysis and re-engineering
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Understanding of mobile computer trends and concepts
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, results oriented and eager to tackle difficult problems
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with internal customers, vendors, and others, as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, Sunnyvale , Programmer System Senior Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!