Posted on: December 7, 2018
Are you data-driven?-- We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations.-- We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice.-- We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business.-- With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a Software Engineer in the CIFS/S3 Protocols organization of NetApp, you will be part of a team of highly talented individuals who are experts at industry standard CIFS/NFS/S3 protocol. NetApp is an industry leader in the NAS business and the CIFS/S3 team of engineers contributes to the success of NetApp in the NAS business area. CIFS stack of NetApp is trusted in the industry for its reliability, performance, scalability and availability. Feature rich CIFS stack combined with OnTap - The storage operating system of NetApp with its rich data management capabilities have tremendous value to our customers and are used in mission critical applications across the world. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software Engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development in CIFS and S3.
In this role--you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge new product development, help resolve sustomer issues and drive functional and design specifications.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, a quick learner and driven to produce results.
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Responsible for providing support in development and testing activities of other engineers that involve several inter-dependencies
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
- A strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices
- Knowledge of Filesystems
- Experience with file/cloud protocols (NFS/CIFS/S3)
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Looking for candidates interested in systems, kernel programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards. Possesses sufficient technical knowledge and experience to pick up new expertise quickly with guidance from a technical leader
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined
- The individual works on complex problems with partially defined, larger scope
- May work with teams across the company in problem solving and design efforts
- The individual will begin to develop a technical specialty
- Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required
- Work independently
- Successfully convey information to partners at many levels related to the position
- Participate as an active contributor and domain expert on team projects
- Demonstrate favorable results through mentoring and influencing others
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do.--We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us!-- Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition.-- Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations.-- We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family.-- We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.----
Join us and see what empowerment can do.--
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!