Senior Software Engineer, Systems
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Overview:We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our FortiSIEM engineering team to own systems and platform projects as relates to FortiSIEM. The ideal candidate needs to have a passion to make FortiSIEM product available, perform in a scalable manner on a wide variety of Linux platforms in public and private clouds.
- Design and implement systems and platforms features such as full-disk encryption, automatic failover of FortiSIEM nodes in High Availability environments
- Make FortiSIEM available on newer cloud platforms - Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, etc. in addition to maintaining current platforms such as Hardware, VMWare, HyperV, AWS, KVM, etc.
- Build a new paid AWS Marketplace offering for FortiSIEM, and maintain BYOL offerings for new releases
- Implement AWS Cloud formation templates for FortiSIEM cluster deployment in AWS
- Improve automated cluster deployment of FortiSIEM nodes in large scale environments, including auto-scale up and down of cluster
- Perform system level profiling of FortiSIEM in large-scale environments and make improvements (e.g. via tools such as OProfile/SystemTap/sysdig/Linux Dtrace)
- Investigate how to make FortiSIEM available on containers such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Migrate FortiSIEM application from CentOS6 to CentOS7 or another recent distribution due to EOL reasons as well as system performance via newer Linux kernel
- Integrate newer networking, systems drivers and packages as needed for any platform or cloud
- Deliver top quality, well organized and algorithmically sound code on time
- Work closely with other developers, QA, PM, and support.
- Participate in functional spec, design, and code reviews
- BS/MS in computer science or related field, BS with 5+ years of work experience or MS with 3+ years of work experience
- Strong experience with Linux at the system level including system performance measurement tools such as Oprofile, SystemTap, sysdig, tcpdump etc.
- Knowledge of Linux distributions such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian and their differences in packaging and release, and kernel drivers for specific platforms
- Experience with distributed, scalable systems and Cloud Platforms is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working experience with network and system security is a plus
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, fast learner, and willing to work in a fast paced and cross-site development environment
#GD#LI-GL1 EEOC / AAP Accommodation: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Fortinet, Inc at (408) 235-7700 of firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Fortinet, Sunnyvale , Senior Software Engineer, Systems, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!