Engineer 4, Software Development & Engineering
Company: Blueface Ltd
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Engineer 4, Software Development & Engineering page is loaded
Engineer 4, Software Development & Engineering Apply locations CA -
Sunnyvale, 1050 Enterprise Way #500 time type Full time posted on
Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R362704 Comcast's
Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the
intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are
continually developing and delivering products that transform the
customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features
such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to
make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of
building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and
accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and
supports our evolving network architecture, including
next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure
and engineering, network integration and management tools, and
technical standards. In most cases, Comcast prefers to have
employees on-site collaborating unless the team has been designated
as virtual due to the nature of their work. If a position is listed
with both office locations and virtual offerings, Comcast may be
willing to consider candidates who live greater than 100 miles from
the office for the remote option.Job SummaryResponsible for
planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes,
tests and assists with the integration of new applications.
Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains
non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as
a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead
teams or projects and shares expertise.Job DescriptionCore
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports
applications under development and customizes current applications.
Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists
in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally
developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation
and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test
results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and
- Keeps current with technological developments within the
industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices
relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures
team delivers software on time, to specification and within
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills.
Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Design,Build/Enhance new capabilities and features to expand
- Continuous review and improve the DevSecOps CICD pipeline to
ensure seamless end to end process from build to deploy across all
Staging and Production environments.
- Helping to maintain our Terraform and Ansible
- Build & Maintain multi-datacenter (both on-premise & AWS-based)
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure optimal
performance and scalability of infrastructure
- Develop automation scripts to improve system reliability and
- Build and maintain observability solutions deployed in
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by
continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for
- Documenting what you're building for other team members.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.CompensationPay Range: $141,646.22 - $212,469.33Comcast
intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on
job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience. Base
pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to
compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality - to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers
site for more details.EducationBachelor's DegreeWhile possessing
the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider
applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience,
or who have extensive related professional
experience.Certifications (if applicable)Relative Work
Experience7-10 YearsComcast is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative
for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Us At Comcast , you have the power to connect the world. Your
career options are endless as you grow in your career. Explore your
future with access to a variety of teams, locations, and resources
in an expanding network. You can also explore additional
opportunities at our company, NBCUniversal .
Keywords: Blueface Ltd, Sunnyvale , Engineer 4, Software Development & Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!