Manager Embedded Platform Software
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job DescriptionOur team designs and builds the embedded software
platform for next-generation surgical robotic systems. We're
looking for a high energy, talented, individual to lead the
Distributed Systems Software team, within the Multiport Platform
Software group.We are a small group that works in a focused,
high-energy environment. We believe in applying first principles
thinking, data driven decision making, continuous learning,
systematic planning to deliver results and achieve our goals.
- Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to have a
direct impact on helping people live better lives?
- Interested in the medical applications of robotics?
- Do you like to build complex distributed systems?
- Does working in a multidisciplinary, systems-oriented design
team sound exciting?Your Role:You'll be joining the team
responsible for developing several generations of our flagship
product, the daVinci Xi, to develop new surgical robotic systems.
You'll have the opportunity and responsibility to lead development
of your team's features, end to end. From concept to cross
functional requirements gathering, to implementation, test and
verification, success is in your hands.You are a hands-on technical
manager, leading shoulder to shoulder with the team. You deeply
understand the Venn diagram of technical components and
stakeholders, identify misalignments, pull the pieces together to
frame up tradeoffs and come up with solutions.Your
Responsibilities:In your first year in this role, you will:
- Own, provide technical oversight, and drive development of:
- System configuration management
- Distributed fault-reaction infrastructure
- Distributed hardware control/monitoring infrastructure
- 3rd party device integration
- Interface with a variety of cross functional teams including
Mechanical, Electrical, Clinical, Interaction Design &
Manufacturing, understanding embedded software needs to create,
maintain, and track a bottom-up schedule that best supports
business unit top-down goals.
- Own the embedded software development lifecycle for team
deliverables and associated documentation (negotiate requirements,
systematic risk assessment and mitigation, prototyping,
development, testing, and software releases).
- Champion best practices in software development (code reviews,
scrums, bug scrubbing meetings, coding conventions, continuous
integration, defensive programming, static analysis, design
- Recognize and attract top talent, mentor and train existing
team members and new hires through one-on-one coaching as well as
team wide initiatives.
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Manager Embedded Platform Software, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!