Sr. Golang Developer (Remote)
Company: Cognizant United States, Cognizant Technology Solu
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Cognizant's Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified GoLang Developer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you're like us, you've got big ideas. At Cognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. We help industry-leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value-by connecting people with things, insights, and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers, and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
-Location: Remote (PST Hours)
Roles & Responsibilities
- - - - - - - Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- - - - - - - Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software.
- - - - - - - Possess a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language's unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax.
- - - - - - - Primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable.
- - - - - - - Ensure that these Go packages and programs are well documented and has a reasonable test coverage.
- - - - - - - Coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- - - - - - - Commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality products is essential.
- - - - - - - Playing a key role in design decisions, building toward an efficient microservice distributed program.
- - - - - - - 6+ years of hands-on experience in Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- - - - - - - Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- - - - - - - Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- - - - - - - Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- - - - - - - Go's templating language
- - - - - - - Go's code generation tools, such as Stringer
- - - - - - - Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
- - - - - - - Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- - - - - - - Familiarity with code versioning tools
- - - - - - - Demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight
- - - - - - - Possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management, and customers.
- The Salary rate for this position is between $125K - 155K, depending on the experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant's discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant's applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
401(k) plan and contributions
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary rate, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Keywords: Cognizant United States, Cognizant Technology Solu, Sunnyvale , Sr. Golang Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
here to apply!