Senior Technical Writer, Games Platform
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Niantic's Lightship team is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to
produce and maintain the Platform SDK for game developers. You will
write new documents for Niantic's Platform SDK, ensure existing
documents remain current and accurate, and constantly seek to
clarify, unify, and improve the game developer experience. If
you're meticulous and love to bring clarity, this role may be for
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive
technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the
Niantic's Lightship Platform powers Niantic's real-world
location-based games such as Pokemon Go, Ingress, and NBA All
- Produce clear, comprehensive, and useful SDK documentation,
including but not limited to API references, developer guides,
samples, and release notes.
- Review and edit software documentation for accuracy and
consistency in tone.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure a high editorial standard
for quality and accuracy of platform documentation throughout the
- Work with support, partner engineering, and game teams to
- 5+ years professional experience in writing developer-facing
- BS in an engineering-, writing-, or communications-related
- Experience reading and modifying source code.
- Outstanding command of written English, in terms of
communication and grammar.
- Strong project management, communication, and cross-group
- Ability to understand new APIs, learn how they work, and
document them in concise, easy-to-follow language.
- Demonstrated experience working with style guides.
- Experience with the Java language.
- You have Google Cloud Platform experience.
- You have experience with databases such as Spanner.
- You have experience with gRPC and protocol buffers.
- You have experience with Android and iOS development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking
creative and engaging journeys in the Real World. Our products
inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
globe. In March 2022, 8th Wall joined Niantic on a mission to make
augmented reality for everyone through WebAR.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los
Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , Senior Technical Writer, Games Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!