Senior Developer in Test (SDET)
Company: MKS2 Technologies
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Come join our client's Core Experience Team as a full time
Senior Developer in Test (SDET)!Every day, the client's product
handles the credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds
of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, they operate a cloud
platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for
merchants, application developers, service providers and their
merchants customers. To support all of this, there is a team of
engineers dedicated to ensuring their systems remain operational,
safe and secure. Under limited supervision, the SDET Engineer is
responsible for conducting complex user acceptance testing and
providing technical support of software systems for which there are
no precedents or guidelines.Day to day, you can expect to...
- Create and document manual test cases for features developed by
the Engineering team.
- Create automated test cases for features developed by the
- Work with Product and Engineering team to understand the
requirements for the features.
- Triage issues/bugs that come from dev/stg/prod
- Test Jira tickets completed by the Engineering team.Duration:
Permanent employmentAnnual Salary: $125-145kLocation: Open to
candidates located in Colorado Springs, Austin, New York and
SunnyvaleEnvironment: Hybrid work setting with a minimum of 1-day
in office per weekResponsibilities:
- Executing manual and automated regression tests.
- Diagnosing failures across a complex integration environment.
Working with development to scope and test new features.
- Writing test plans and test cases. Coordinating with
distributed testing teams to ensure release deadlines are met.
- Creating automated tests that drive lab robots and
troubleshooting existing tests.
- Updating Java-based test frameworks to accommodate changes and
- Creating and maintaining Jenkins pipelines and jobs to manage
- Identifying testing gaps and strategies for filling those
- Writing and executing automated test code for native apps
leveraging the latest open-source packages and technologies.
- Writing automation to validate product functionality and
integration with dependencies.
- Developing, updating, and executing software test plans.
- Planning and carrying out performance, load, and stress
- Participating in design, architecture, and code reviews.
- Maintaining and creating CI/CD automation pipelines.
Maintaining a robotics lab that uses a variety of Linux and Windows
based software solutions.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors in a technical discipline required.
- 5 years of QA and/or Software Development experience.
- 3+ years of experience writing automated test scripts in
- Proficiency with at least one modern object-oriented
programming language (Java/Kotlin preferred)
- Experience testing REST API calls
- Experience in writing SQL queries (MySQL preferred)
- Strong understanding of REST and JSON
- Experienced with Windows and Linux
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience with source code repositories (Git preferred)
- Experience with Jenkins pipelinesPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience testing for all layers of android and third-party
SDKs. Experience with Android SDK tools such Android Studio
- Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies.
- Experience with implementing continuous integration and
delivery concepts (CI/CD) using Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience in point-of-sale tools hardware and
- Experience with mobile payments and architecture.
Keywords: MKS2 Technologies, Sunnyvale , Senior Developer in Test (SDET), IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!