Wireless Firmware Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facebook's Facebook Reality Labs organization brings together
world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products
connecting people and communities and help advance Facebook's
mission of bringing the world closer together. The Wireless
Technologies team gathers world class expertise and talent in RF,
Antenna, DVT, Wireless Firmware and Wireless Systems and owns the
definition, development and validation of every wireless interface
across the whole Facebook Reality Labs product portfolio. We are
seeking a Firmware Engineer to support development of wireless MAC
firmware, system integration and BSP bring up for Facebook Reality
Labs product. In this role, you will be a key member of a team of
innovators, working on cutting-edge wireless technologies and be
aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for developing
wireless technologies that will enable the future of Facebook
- Interface and collaborate with wireless chipset vendors to
ensure vendor's MAC HW/SW architectures and implementation meet
AR/VR spec and performance requirements.
- Design, implement and integrate wireless MAC/FW/Driver that
will be tightly coupled with AR/VR usage scenarios, with stringent
performance and power requirements.
- System firmware development including power-management, RTOS
and/or bare-metal implementations.
- General embedded system firmware development for platforms
under development for AR/VR products.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with wireless communication software/firmware
architecture, especially on 802.11 and BT wireless communication
principles and protocols
- 1+ years of experience in embedded wireless firmware/driver
- Experience with Android wireless driver and platform
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Must have proven communication skills
- Hands-on experience in 802.11 lower level MAC and FW/Driver
(management path and data path) development
- Understanding on Bluetooth Classic and BLE architecture
including the controller stacks and host stacks
- Good understanding of SoC architecture, DMA, PCIe and GPIO.
Proficiency in debugging embedded software systems
- Industry experience with embedded wireless firmware/driver
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Wireless Firmware Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!