IT & Security Project Manager
Company: 23andMe, Inc
Posted on: April 5, 2021
23andMe is looking for a talented and experienced Project
Manager to join our growing Security team. You will be streamlining
internal IT & Security team processes and managing cross-functional
projects with our stakeholders. Who we are Since 2006, 23andMe's
mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit
from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals
pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic
insight into better health and personal understanding. What you'll
- Lead project team meetings from project initiation through
closure. Orchestrate alignment within and between teams to make
sure everyone is on the same page.
- Develop detailed project plans for the appropriate scope,
requirements, and timelines to track milestones and
- Measure and report on project team progress to project
sponsor(s) and stakeholders.
- Help the team prioritize between unplanned tasks/operational
work and long-term planned project work; keep them focused on doing
what is important.
- Identify risks / blockers; work with stakeholders to mitigate
- Create and maintain project documentation (overviews, weekly
updates, status presentations, Smartsheet project dashboards,
- Optimize IT & Security team processes and document workflows.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of industry experience as a project manager on a
- Prior experience working in a service-oriented, IT support
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able
to make sense out of a complex system with many moving parts; you
sweat the details where it's needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven
ability to interact with individuals with diverse (technical /
non-technical / regulatory / business) backgrounds. Able to
communicate clearly and effectively (you're a master at being
succinct) whether with engineers or executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to bring different
backgrounds across functional groups and work styles to work in
harmony. You know how to build consensus (partnership) among
competing perspectives (conflict resolution) and can rally teams
positively towards objectives. You are an active listener with the
ability to empathize and understand. You provide sound pragmatic
- A growth mindset. You are a self-motivated learner and a
reliable team-player who keeps the big picture in mind to achieve
- Proficiency in program/project management tools (e.g.
Smartsheet, JIRA, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.); you're fully
comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment
(e.g. Google Apps, Smartsheet, Slack, etc.).
- Experience at companies at different stages from startup to
established corporation is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information
Assurance, Biomedical, Business, Computer Science, Software
Engineering or related area of study; or equivalent combination of
education and experience in the IT field. About Us 23andMe, Inc. is
the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is
to help people access, understand and benefit from the human
genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its "50
Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and named one of Fast Company's "25
Brands That Matter Now, 2017". 23andMe has over 5 million customers
worldwide, with -85 percent of customers consented to participate
in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information
is available at www.23andMe.com . At 23andMe, we value a diverse,
inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for
all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for
employment will be considered without regard to an individual's
race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion,
age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your
application because of incompatible assistive technology or a
disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
disabilities to the extent required by applicable law. Please note:
23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Keywords: 23andMe, Inc, Sunnyvale , IT & Security Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!