Software Engineer, Game Development
Company: Niantic, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Niantic's Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to
create high-performance mobile real-world MMO games at massive
scale using Unity 3D on Android and iOS. You will work on a wide
variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun
real-world gameplay for a user-base in the billions.
- Build engaging gameplay features that are fun and easy to
- Create technical designs and develop code on game features, for
a devoted user-base.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, game
designers, and user experience designers to ensure the technology
and user experience meets internal standards.
- Participate in code reviews, technical design reviews, and
write unit tests. Qualifications
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or
- You have a minimum two years of work experience developing in a
multi-person game studio.
- You have 3D game engine experience, particularly in
- You can work in C# or C++.
- You have mobile or console game performance optimization
experience. Join the Niantic team! Niantic is the world's leading
AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in
the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise,
and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and
record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter:
Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We
believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported
and included is essential to creating great products our community
will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse
voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in
the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most
important values we hold close. We're a hard-working, fun, and
exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for
problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco,
Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, and Hamburg.
Keywords: Niantic, Inc, Sunnyvale , Software Engineer, Game Development, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!