Company: Idexcel Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title: DevOps/Cloud EngineerLocation: Sunnyvale, CADuration:
18+ months contract Description:
- Client is focused on making the world's daily habits more
inspiring and entertaining.
- By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we
keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices
and around the globe.
- Client's Engineers are the guardians of our customer's
experience. Their team focuses on all aspects of the Software
Development Lifecycle and own service quality, performance, and
delivery to our global audiences.
- In this senior technical role, you will not only have broad
responsibility for the delivery of our services, but also play a
foundational role in determining how those services will be built,
brought to market, and managed for maximum performance and
- You have expertise and passion for delivering web applications
(all tiers) and backend grid infrastructure at large scale and have
the ability to context switch and work at the strategic,
architectural, and operational levels. Your middle name is
"Automation" because you have a track record and passion for that
with a loathing for doing work by hand. You will be a major
contributor to their goal of having tools and automation for our
whole end-to-end operation. Responsibilities:
- Engage with product management and software development teams
to improve operability, e.g. capacity and performance, change
management, business continuity, security, continuous integration,
- Troubleshoot production system stacks down to source code and
network packet level.
- Develop, maintain, and document operational procedures for
- Provide tools, documents, run-books, and training for other
tiers of operations staff for providing 24*7 site-up support.
- Design, implement and maintain monitoring to provide complete
transparency to application and system state, history, and
- Act as an escalation point for other tiers of operations staff
and be the domain expert for your technology portfolios.
- Engage with technology teams across Verizon Media to share best
practices and leverage tools and code for re-use as effectively as
possible in support of the engineering portfolios.
- Architecture Review and work with the Development team to
address and improve production issues, like performance, capacity,
error handling, BCP ... etc. Required Skills and Education:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of production/DevOps engineering experience to
support large-scale systems.
- Extensive experience with configuring, managing, and supporting
applications in AWS i.e. Cloudformation templates, EC2, VPC,
Dynamodb, S3, Route53, Cloudwatch, Lambda functions, etc
- Strong scripting skills i.e. Perl, Python, Ruby, nodejs and/or
any other scripting languages.
- Excellent Knowledge of Linux operations, performance, and
troubleshooting, including the ability to performance tune kernel
- Excellent Knowledge of real-time monitoring tools such as
Splunk & Nagios or other equivalent tools.
- Excellent Knowledge of CICD tools, e.g. Jenkin, Kubernetes,
OpenStack, Chef, Github and/or other tools in production
environments at scale.
- Excellent Knowledge of IP networking, e.g. HTTPS, DNS, load
balancing and CDN, and able to analyze the output data from
- Experience with database technologies and operational
experience to maintain a database system, e.g. Redis, MySQL,
- Experience with big data technologies i.e. Hadoop, Storm,
Hbase, and/or other open source technologies related to this area.
This is a great opportunity and if you have any interest in hearing
more of the details please contact Eric on and/or About IDEXCEL,
INCIdexcel is an IT services organization, with a mission to bring
great people and great organizations together. Our diverse client
base represents a wide range of industries, including technology,
telecom, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, banking & financial
services, food & commodities trading and federal organizations. Our
teams of experienced recruiters directly work with client companies
seeking exceptional people to help with their business initiatives.
Idexcel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status,
national origin or any other characteristic protected under
federal, state, or applicable local law. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Idexcel Inc., Sunnyvale , DevOps/Cloud Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!