Software Development Engineer, Imaging Device Product Engineering Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Software Development Engineer, Imaging Device Product
Engineering Group Date: Sep 20, 2020 Location: Sunnyvale,
California, US Company: Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Join the leader in
entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby,
science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As
a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your
work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to
revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment
worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big
enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so
you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work.
We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent
compensation and benefits. As a Software Engineer in the CEG
Imaging Device Product Engineering Group, the qualified candidate
will help develop software that enables the next generation video
technologies created by Dolby. The candidate hired for this
position will be part of a team that works closely with Research
group to develop proof of concept platforms, SDKs, plug-ins for
external products, etc. The candidate will be responsible for wide
range of activities such as graphics software development, mapping
complex processing power intensive image processing algorithms to
Mobile/Gaming/ PC/STB devices, interacting with customers, etc. Job
- Analyze/Understand the break through video concepts developed
by research and provide feedback to research on the specifications
and other technical documentation.
- Comprehend the reference code from the research with in-depth
understanding of each module.
- Analyze and understand the system architecture of the SoC
chipsets used in consumer devices supplied by partner companies and
create high level design to map the Dolby technologies on their
- Create modular, well-organized and properly documented
- Optimize and customize the reference code to various different
chipsets designed using SIMD, GPU Shaders, etc.
- Develop unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to
validate the implementations.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software
- Coordinate development activities with both internal members of
the video engineering team, R&D, QA and selected external
companies in a professional--
- Continue to assess alternate platforms for suitability for
implementation of Dolby video technologies.
- Participate and contribute to future concepts related to the
Dolby video technologies and implementation vehicles for other
Dolby technology. Skills and Education
- BS in EE, CS or equivalent, plus 3 years engineering experience
in embedded software development for consumer devices such as
Mobile, Gaming, STB, Digital Media Adapters, PC, etc.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience developing image
processing algorithms on consumer devices based on CPU/GPU flavor
from different companies such as ARM, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Apple,
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in real time embedded
software development using Android, Linux and similar CE device
oriented operating systems and related development tools.
- Must have experience in C programming, C++ and OOP
- Experience with media frameworks ( Android, Linux),--working
with--AOSP source code, iOS architecture, Gaming platform
architecture such as PS4 or Xbox is a plus.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to
quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced software development
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and
organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem
- Willingness to work in a highly-skilled and cohesive team that
is motivated to do high-quality engineering, promote an environment
for open and creative thinking, and continuously build and share
new skills. Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success
depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We
are committed to making employment decisions without regard to
race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status,
medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Keywords: Dolby, Sunnyvale , Software Development Engineer, Imaging Device Product Engineering Group, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!