Software QA Engineer 2
Company: Intuitive Surgical
Posted on: February 17, 2021
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is
life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology,
we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes
us unique. As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have
been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a
difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided
our journey to help solve some of healthcare's complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere-inclusion and mutual
respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in
integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things
done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We
actively invest in our team members to support their long-term
growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to
achieve their highest potential. Join a team committed to taking
big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together,--let's--help to advance
the world of minimally invasive care.-- Primary Function of
Position: This position will play a lead technical role during the
development of a novel new surgical robot system. The engineer will
be expected to work with a team to create of software developers
and be responsible for the software V&V, and reporting of
V&V activities, and will be required to design, develop, and
execute test protocols for functional SW verification of complex
robotic surgical systems. Roles and Responsibilities: This position
has responsibility and authority for:
- Support the development of design requirements; participate in
the creation/review of formal design documentation
- Design, develop, and oversee the execution of test protocols
for functional SW verification for intricate robotic surgical
systems; may execute test protocols hands-on or in Test Management
- Complete documentation for test protocols, results and
- As appropriate, develop tests and scripts that automate the
testing process at a system level
- As appropriate, develop SW tests at a module level in Python or
other scripting language
- Log issues found within the issue tracking system; work with
software and cross-functional teams to debug.
- Help manage and maintain the Software Engineering Lab
- Perform on going testing for basic sanity and release
acceptance testing. Skill/Job Requirements: In order to adequately
perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must
- Engineering/SQA/Software Test background. Experience with
V&V for medical devices required. Demonstrated judgment in
- Attention to Detail.
- Experience with configuration management, defect tracking, test
plans, test protocols, and test execution desired.
- Experience writing and understanding technical specifications.
Strong intuition for, and interest in, designing software for
- Experience with complex embedded systems/robotics and real time
operating systems, and/or experience with Linux and QNX
- Familiarity with Jira issue tracking and Polarion for
requirements tracing a plus.
- SW programming background (C or C++) a plus. Experience with
automated test tools a plus. Experience with scripting in Python,
for generation of automated tests, a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, ME, BioE, or related
fields preferred or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 2-3 year experience.
- Troubleshooting mindset. Intuitive is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to
all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination
and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws. We will consider for--employment
qualified--applicants with arrest and conviction records in
accordance with fair chance laws.--
Keywords: Intuitive Surgical, Sunnyvale , Software QA Engineer 2, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!