Director of Software Development
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Take me back Apply to Job Job Title: Director of Software
DevelopmentJOB ID: 20-04366City: SunnyvaleState: CA For immediate
consideration, contact John Boyle at 678-251-9088 or
This is a direct hire role, no C2C's or partners please.
What does an exceptional Director of Software Development do?
We're looking for a Director, Software Development, to help the
buildout net generation of point of sales devices. Your role can
impact both merchants and their perception of us as a technology
leader for payment. Your contribution to this effort will see
market-leading solutions delivered to end-clients and their
customers. These devices run latest version Android Operating
system along with payments software to comply with PCI/PTS and
EMVCo certification. This team also handles various payment
certifications like PCI PTS, EMV, UKCS, GBIC certification for our
devices, which happens to be one of the most stringent payment
security certifications. This leader will also oversee board bring
ups, development of bootloaders, kernels, device drivers that you
will find in any tablet/phone device development. We also work with
the vendors, silicon partners and the ODMs, to define, design and
deliver our products.
As a Director of Software Development, you can look forward to:
- Leading strategic and visible digital development initiatives,
including the build and commercialization of a next generation
- Leading a team of software developers and provide day-to-day
guidance on development activities.
- Building and driving software development planning, scheduling,
and execution of development activities to meet business goals and
- Enthusiastically allocating resources and maintain and controls
- Collaborating with other technical leaders to build, evolve,
and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
using mature CI/CD automation practices.
- Monitoring daily operations, including application maintenance,
optimizations, project escalations and resource planning
- Ensuring the execution of specific strategic functions and
implementing high-end, business-wide, critical solutions.
- Identifying problematic areas and proactively implement
- Documenting, reviewing and ensuring that all quality and change
policy standards are met.
- Building strong partnerships with other job functions like
product management and work towards building the product
- Understanding complicated systems quickly, providing guidance,
planning and direction for business unit(s).
- Allocating resources and time for the business units or
- Working with other teams like product management, sales to
ensure that product being developed meets market needs.
- Setting department goals, objectives, KPIs, serving as an
escalation point for all respective Digital Development
- Providing thought leadership to advance the delivery
capabilities and operational efficiency.
- Engaging with clients and delivery teams to overcome challenges
that threaten successful project implementation.
- Encouraging an innovative culture that embraces breakthrough
concepts, strategies, and distinctive products to achieve and
sustain competitive advantage and profitable growth.
- Establishing clear expectations for operational goals and
working with team to ensure targets are meaningful, clear,
monitored and achieved. Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree required Computer Science, Mathematics or
- 10+ years of People Leadership experience leading Software
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in device software development
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to
interact with all levels of an organization.
- 2+ years of experience in Android Framework development,
including experience in Java and C Programing.
- Strong understanding of computer science, and programming with
strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software
- Experienced in system architecture design and code
- Good working knowledge of revision control and code review
tools like Git or Gerrit.--
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience coaching and leading the Agile development process
(Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD process.
- Experience with banking, payment ecommerce systems, payments
gateways and payment processors.
- Experience in managing ODM and chip/component vendors--
Travel: Post COVID Travel required up to 10% to client site and/or
internal meetings as needed.
We continue to monitor and follow the latest updates from the
Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization to
help prevent the spread of (COVID-19). As we all monitor the
developing situation around-- coronavirus (COVID-19) , our customer
service commitment to our clients, consultants and communities
remains at the highest level. Genuent is committed to supporting
you throughout this global crisis and time of heightened stress and
uncertainty.-- We are an innovative technology staffing company
that thrives on providing customized solutions for those we
support. Relationships Matter, and the relationships we have
developed with our consultants, clients and employees are at the
heart of our business. We will continue to offer support, guidance,
and updates to our consultants, clients and employees as we
navigate the challenges ahead. Please follow the link provided for
up-to-date status regarding (COVID-19) updates by the Centers for
Disease Control & Prevention.
Keywords: Genuent, Sunnyvale , Director of Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!