Sr. Payroll Specialist
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Sr. Payroll Specialist
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys is searching for a well-rounded individual to join the
Payroll Team as a Sr. Payroll Specialist. This is a hands-on
payroll processing position responsible for all aspects of payroll
in a high paced environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have knowledge in payroll
regulatory compliance, have strong communication skills, be team
oriented and have strong interpersonal/human relation skills with
the ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely payroll processing of the U.S. multistate
bi-weekly payroll for 1500+ employees.
- Serves as liaison to employees and with third party payroll
vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company
- Interpret and enforce pay policies, including Time Off, LOA,
disability, Wage and Hour laws, government regulations, tax
withholding exemptions, etc., and ensures appropriate
amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various
- Handle stock related activities to include ESPP, NQ's, and RSU
special payroll runs.
- Handle tax related items such as reconciliations, agency
registrations, tax inquiries, amendments, and annual W2c's
- Handle 401k funding, reporting, and pay period/annual
- Assist with general ledger accounting entries.
- Verifies compliance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Assist with internal and external audits request for SOX,
workers compensation, tax filings and related documentation.
- Stay current with payroll industry and changes in the law.
- Coordinate with third party payroll for system implementations
- Document and maintain payroll processes and procedures.
- Assist manager with special projects/tasks as needed.
- Assist in Payroll Year End planning, processing, and
- Experience with ADP Vantage, ADP Reporting, SAP/ Success
Factors, and ADP Time Management preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of related experience, CPP or FPC
certification a plus.
- Experience with Canadian payroll preferred.
- Solid understanding of Wage and Hour Laws, IRS, and state
- Solid knowledge of multi state pay related practices and local
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving and fast paced
- Able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and solve problems
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and
techniques to obtain solutions.
- Works on team-driven or task-oriented projects.
- Executes projects from start to completion.
- May guide more junior peers with aspects of their job.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, goals, and
- Effective inter-personal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to interact with different levels of management and people
with different personality styles.
- Must have strong Excel skills.Inclusion and Diversity are
important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status,
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between
$93,000 to 162,000. In addition, this role may be eligible for an
annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys
offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as
part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual
compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related
factors, including location, skills, experience, and education.
Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards
package upon request.
Base Salary Range
Keywords: Synopsys, Sunnyvale , Sr. Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...