Food Service Worker
Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, in the kitchen or dining room
to do the routine work involved in food preparation, cooking and
serving; to do a variety of cleaning, washing, and routine manual
tasks involved in food preparation and serving; to keep dining
areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; and to do
related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the
duties performed by employees in this classification. However,
employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual
in the classification.
1. Washes dishes, pots, and pans either by hand or using dish
washing and pot washing machines.
2. Cleans stoves, steam kettles, ovens, and other standing kitchen
equipment; sweeps and mops floors; removes dirty dishes from dining
tables to the kitchen; cleans tables and chairs, and other general
cleaning such as refrigerators or cupboards.
3. Prepares adult formulas and tube feedings, assembling,
measuring, and mixing ingredients such as milk, dextri-maltose, and
lonolac; prepares special diets as ordered by doctors, grinding and
otherwise preparing and cooking meat, vegetables and other foods,
assembling and weighing them according to recipe; labels formulas,
special diets, and tub feedings.
4. Assists in the preparation of salads according to instructions;
cuts and chops nuts, fruits, and vegetables and prepares salad
5. Pushes loaded food carts from kitchen to wards or dining areas,
returns food carts and dirty dishes; loads and unloads food carts
into delivery van in making deliveries to and from kitchen to
6. Cleans, peels, and cuts vegetables by hand and by using
electrically powered peelers, dicers, and slicers.
7. Unloads food supplies from delivery trucks, stacks them in
proper storage places, and keeps storage room clean.
8. Receives, inspects, transports, and stores food staples,
vegetables, dairy products and other foods and kitchen
9. Sets up cafeteria food line, turning on steam tables, putting
out utensils and keeping serving line supplied with food; dishes up
and serves food in cafeteria tray line; works in a kitchen or
dining area keeping food hot, cooking eggs, coffee, toast, bacon
and other short orders, such as pancakes.
10. Makes up trays for patients' or juveniles special diets; weighs
servings, obtains special items, dishes up food according to diet
required, and labels for specified patient.
11. On a relief basis or as a trainee, assists a Cook or relieves a
Senior Food Service Worker or diet clerk.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six months of experience in either serving
or assisting in the preparation of food or washing dishes, pots,
pans in a large cafeteria or dining room.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Some positions may require a
valid California driver's license.
Service & Trade
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Sunnyvale , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!