Senior Scientist I, Oncology Translational Research
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking a Senior Scientist I in Oncology Translational Research.
General Position Summary/Purposes
Provide strong scientific and technical initiative and hands-on implementation for assay development and biomarker strategies for preclinical drug development in the fields of hematologic malignancies and immuno-oncology. Conceive and execute novel scientific approaches to achieve departmental project goals.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and optimize novel biological and biomarker assays to facilitate pipeline development
- Apply rational, novel scientific approaches to design and execute experiments to understand disease pathology, biological mechanisms of drug action, target engagement, indication selection, patient stratification and therapeutic resistance in hematological malignancies
- Support cross-functional preclinical studies by performing experiments to analyze PD biomarkers, genetic/genomic/proteomic global profiling and immune regulation
- Advance science from bench and deliver high quality data with allocated resource on tight timeline
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific meetings by presenting and critically evaluating emerging scientific literature to contribute to projects.
- Impact projects through experimental designs, critical analysis and interpretation of results and communication of results promptly
- Strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to achieve high performance. Strongly embrace the ideas of others and nurtures innovations.
- Ph.D with postdoctoral training in cancer biology/ cancer immunology is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications and presentations.
- Expert in mechanistic cancer biology and direct experience on preclinical oncology translational research; knowledge and experience in immunology or immune oncology a plus.
- Expertise in ELISA, multiplexed assays, western blotting, WES, cell-based assays and cell culture. Hands-on experience with flow cytometry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in assay development, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience in handling human and animal samples, including whole blood and plasma.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including construct design, gene transduction, and isolation and quantification of DNA, RNA and protein.
- Broad experience in global profiling at genetic, genomic and proteomic level. Knowledge and experience in analyzing large datasets.
- Willing to troubleshoot experimental procedures and should be adaptable to changing requirements of the project
- Knowledge on biological data analysis tool (Prism, FACS DIVA, FlowJo, IPA)
- Contribute to lab and equipment maintenance and order supplies/reagents to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment.
- Keen to explore, learn, understand and master new experimental techniques
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, Sunnyvale , Senior Scientist I, Oncology Translational Research, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!