Hospice Physician - Sunnyvale, CA - Locum Assignment - VT
Company: Continuum Medical Staffing
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Sunnyvale, California. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Physician needed for locum assignment in Sunnyvale, CA. Housing, travel, benefits along with attractive compensation package offered to the qualified candidate: Qualified candidates reach: or . Details as follows"' Monday- Friday, rotating weekend coverage On-Call: Day Shift: You are on call for your patients M-F 8am-5pm, PM/Night Shift: 5pm-8am and Sat/Sun Shift: 24hrs; the rotation average is one pm/night shift per week and one weekend shift per month. Please note, On-Call needs will vary. IDG Meetings: On average, 3 per week. Patient Visits: On average, 5 per week. Requirements: Board Certified in Internal or Family Medicine with current unlimited license to practice medicine with either the Medical Board of California or Osteopathic Medical Board of California. - Board Certified or eligible for Board Certification for Palliative or Hospice - Current controlled substance Registration certificate issues by the U. S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Current CPR certification.Job Summary: The Hospice Physician is a Board Certified licensed physician in the State of California who assumes overall responsibility for the medical component of the patient care program. This includes the following: assesses appropriateness of admissions, certifies terminal prognosis and participates in establishing, reviewing and revising plans of care for Hospice patients; participates in development of in service education and quality assurance programs; acts as a medical resource/liaison to physicians and health care providers; and acts as a resource for and member of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG). Provides oversight for the clinical component of the Hospice patients' care; including visiting the patient and families for evaluation and assessment when appropriate...
- In coordination with the Chief Hospice Medical Director, assumes the overall responsibility for the medical component of the Hospice's patient care program.
- Provides oversight of physician services and, in addition to palliation and management of the terminal illness and related conditions, meets the general needs of the patients to the extent that needs are not met by the attending physician.
- For the Hospice patient, determines that admissions meet established criteria evaluates the level of care for appropriateness, and participates in establishing the Interdisciplinary Group Initial Plan of Care; participates in subsequent reviews and revisions to the plan of care and determines in consultation with the primary care physician appropriateness of recertification or discharge per agency policy and procedure.
- Certifies that the Hospice patient is considered terminally ill with a life expectancy of six months or less, if the terminal illness runs its normal course.
- Assures availability of physician services to hospice patient care staff for emergency situations in the event that the patient's attending physician is unavailable.
- Arranges for coverage of duties, if unable to perform these duties, assuring that covering physicians comply with all requirements of this job description.
- Establishes, with the IDG, the policies governing the day-to-day provision of hospice care and services.
- Attends team meetings as the physician member of the IDG, acting as a medical resource.
- Makes home visits as appropriate to assess patient status, to assure that the patient meets hospice admission criteria and to modify the plan of care to meet identified patient needs.
- Assures that appropriate consultation and coordination of the medical plan of care occurs with the patient's primary care physician.
- Acts as a medical liaison and provides professional education to physicians, health care providers, and other organizations or individuals with which the Hospice may interact, including precepting MDs in various Fellowship programs.
- Assists in development of in-service education and quality assurance programs.
- Actively participates as a member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Attends regularly scheduled Physician meetings.
- Participates in the development of protocols and standards of practice for the hospice physicians...'
Keywords: Continuum Medical Staffing, Sunnyvale , Hospice Physician - Sunnyvale, CA - Locum Assignment - VT, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!