Physical Therapist Assistant - Home Health
Company: Pathways Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care
Posted on: January 21, 2023
For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader,
and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, and Care
Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as
assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices
in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their
families know us for our personalized, high-quality care, delivered
with empathy, kindness, and respect.TITLE: -Physical Therapist
AssistantOFFICE LOCATION: -Sunnyvale, CAPATIENT TERRITORY: Santa
Clara CountySCHEDULE: Full TimeSHIFT: -M-F 8:30am - 5pm (rotating
weekends)The posted compensation range of $36.10 - $51.47/Hour is a
reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay
Pathways Home Health & Hospice in good faith believes it might pay
for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of
posting. Pathways Home Health & Hospice may ultimately pay more or
less than the posted range as permitted by law.POSITION
SUMMARY:Physical therapy goals are to restore function, to prevent
or minimize disability following disease or injury and to help the
client reach his/her maximum function within the limits of his/her
capabilities. - The Physical Therapist Assistant performs services
planned, delegated, and supervised by the Physical Therapist.AREAS
OF RESPONSIBILITY: -
- Administers treatment programs as communicated in writing by
the supervising Physical Therapist and reports on treatment
effectiveness and equipment in accordance with physician's orders
- Provides and documents skilled care/interventions on all visits
(includes skilled observation of the patient's condition, skilled
care, medical procedures performed and teaching of the patient
- Considers patient's own needs and goals, conditions and
environment and coordinates with ancillary services when
implementing treatment goals.
- Implements a treatment program to improve or restore function,
to relieve pain, and to encourage maximum function and safety
through environmental adaptation based on identification of needs
and customary clinical practice standards.
- Instructs patient and/or family/caregiver in home programs to
be continued in the therapist's absence.
- Records and reports patient's reaction to treatment and/or
changes in the patient's condition to the supervising Physical
Therapist, the Clinical Team Manager, the patient's physician and
other disciplines involved in the case.
- Confers on a regular schedule with other health team personnel
to facilitate coordinated care.
- Reports to supervising physical therapist if -any change in a
patient's treatment plan is indicated due to a change in medical
condition, unexpected reactions to treatment, or any reason that
the patient needs to be re-evaluated by the supervising Physical
Therapist. -Documents this communication.
- Participates in case conference with the supervising Physical
Therapist or provides the supervising Physical Therapist with
documentation on all patients every seven days, or more often if
- Under the direction of the supervising Physical Therapist,
obtains and receives physician orders.
- Participates in regularly scheduled review of all patient cases
no less often than every 30 days.
- Submits weekly visit schedule of assigned patients.
Collaborates with the supervising Physical Therapist to address
- Follows established standards for point for service technology,
documentation and synchronization.
- Uses agency provided telecommunication devices (i.e. cell
phone, voice mail and pager) according to established
- Submits all documentation according to agency
- Meets established productivity standards.
- Attends and actively participates in the clinical team
multidisciplinary patient conference. When attendance is not
possible, provides appropriate input on assigned patients.
- Attends discipline specific staff meetings.
- Demonstrates and consistently utilizes established clinical
- Seeks out and maintains skills and knowledge relevant to
rehabilitation in the home care setting.
- Participates in agency sponsored in-service educational
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Assists in development of agency protocols, procedures and
policies as requested.
- Assesses, develops, organizes and delivers teaching materials
for assigned home care patients as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and
training to support the - mission and goals of
- Graduate from a physical therapy assistant curriculum approved
by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical
Association in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy
- Current California Physical Therapy Assistant license. -
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant. -
Prefer experience and interest in gerontology and home care.
- Current California driver's license and automobile
- Current CPR Certificate.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with electronic
input and telecommunication devices.
Keywords: Pathways Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care, Sunnyvale , Physical Therapist Assistant - Home Health, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!