Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Company: Meadows Of Wickenburg Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
This is where you change your story---At Meadows we understand
that new directions to career advancing and improvement can be
scary, but we are excited to offer you a possible new rewarding
chapter with us! Come join us in transforming lives!Who are we?We
have been the most trusted name in the industry and have been
helping people for 40 years. Our approach is different and success
stories of our patients prove that. We don't have one size fits all
treatment and there are no quick fixes.Who are you?Are you
compassionate, innovative and have a passion to make an impact? Are
you looking to get your foot in the door with a company that will
believe in your abilities and train you to advance? 75% of our
current top-level executive staff are organic internal promotions
from within.We might be a perfect fit for you!Position
Summary:Provides psychiatric services to assigned patients.
Provides quality patient care in a supportive and empathetic manner
to ensure a safe environment. Comfortable with ages served per
- Completes a Psychiatric Evaluation on all assigned patients
within 72 hours of admission (including submitting dictation /
- Evaluate patients' clinical and medical appropriateness for
transfer and /or discharge.
- Completes psychiatric assessment and mental status assessments
of patients as requested.
- Documents all meetings with patients in process notes within 24
hours of meeting. Completes all documentation, maintaining
compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Consults with patients in support and interpretation of the
treatment plan and treatment team decisions.
- Prescribe medication appropriate to the patient within the
policies and practices of the Company. Works with the treatment
team to minimize the use of psychotropic medication with a focus on
removing patients from controlled or addictive medication if
- Reviews all non-psychiatric medical orders and prescriptions
and consults with prescribers as required.
- Communicate risks, benefits and side effects of psychiatric
medication to patients and documents such education in the progress
- Attends treatment team meetings and provides consultation
regarding medications and psychiatric issues.
- Determines a psychiatric diagnosis per DSM-V or subsequent
publication and documents the diagnosis in the patient's medical
record within 24 hours of admission. Clarifies diagnosis on an
on-going basis, specifically addressing rule outs and other
diagnosis in treatment team meetings.
- Takes call Monday through Friday for psychiatric issues
involving assigned patients. Takes weekend call for all patients in
accordance with the current call schedule.
- May provide emergency psychiatric consultation by telephone
seven days per week, twenty-four hours per day, except during
periods of scheduled time off. Responds to calls promptly and
- May complete insurance appeal letters in coordination with
- May conduct Doc-to-Doc reviews with insurance representatives
in accordance with the insurance company's timeline
- Works with Medical Records on "Return to Work" forms and
letters, disability forms and letters and FMLA paperwork for
- Graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed with the Arizona Board of Nursing
- Must have a DEA Number
- CPR and CPI certifiedExperience:
- Three years experience in chemical dependency or eating
- Two years experience with patient population served
- Meets active staff credentialing.We are a Drug Free Company.
All positions are designated as "Safety Sensitive" positions and in
light of our company mission, the Company does not employ medical
marijuana cardholders. Following an offer of employment, and prior
to reporting to work, all applicants will be required to submit to
and pass a substance abuse screen.The Meadows is an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The
Meadows provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities and if you need reasonable accommodation during any
time of the employment process, please reach out to
Keywords: Meadows Of Wickenburg Inc, Sunnyvale , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!