Therapist - Pool
Company: Meadows Of Wickenburg Inc
Posted on: June 16, 2022
General Purpose of the Therapist Position:The Therapist assesses
and facilitates the care for assigned patients, and participates in
the treatment and continuing care planning. Is responsible for case
management for all assigned patients. Conducts individual, family,
specialized and group therapy and shares clinical information
gained with the treatment team, and with other involved entities as
appropriate. Promotes implementation of therapeutic milieu and
daily program schedule. Provides patient care in a supportive and
empathetic manner. Provide on-call coverage as requested.Primary
Responsibilities of the Therapist position (include but are not
- ASSESSMENT, COORDINATION & DISCHARGE PLANNING:
- Meet with assigned patients to introduce self, orient the
patient to the therapist role and explain treatment goals and/or
- Initiate contact with relevant family members and outpatient
providers, after signed release has been obtained, to develop and
implement care plan and coordinate discharge planning.
- Document all activities related to assessment, treatment and
- INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY THERAPY SERVICES: When required or
- Provide individual, group and family therapy for assigned
patients per program schedule.
- Document therapy sessions in the medical record per program
- Seek clinical supervision and support when complications arise
in therapeutic setting or therapy sessions.
- Facilitate specialized interventions when needed.
- SPECIALIZED THERAPY SERVICES: When required or assigned:
- Provide specialized therapy services to assigned patients
including but not limited to, Family Therapy, Equine, Art, EMDR,
- GROUP THERAPY / EDUCATION
- Assist in compiling materials for use in group therapy and/or
- Support program schedule by conducting assigned components and
maintaining group therapy/education schedule.
- Complete syllabus or lesson plan for didactic groups and
document as required.
- Participate in program development and performance improvement
measures in social services.
- TREATMENT TEAM MEMBER
- Active member of the multidisciplinary treatment. Communicates
clinical concerns and treatment recommendations with team.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
- Actively participates in the performance improvement activities
per facility licensure and accreditation requirements.
- ON-CALL SERVICES
- May provide on-call services as requested / assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Behavioral Health or related field
- State Independent license preferred.
- CPR & First Aid Certified. CPI Certified.
- Valid Driver's License. Driver Safety Training
- Minimum of two years experience in behavioral health field
preferred. Prefer experience working with specialty services
(Trauma, Chemical Dependency, Eating Disorders) within a managed
- Prefer two years experience providing Family Therapy, EMDR, sex
addiction or other trauma specialist if assigned to conduct
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external
- Ability to effectively listen, process received information,
and express ideas both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility,
suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job
without being asked.
- Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory,
and company rules.
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of
information and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to get assigned work done in an acceptable manner, in
the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders.Physical /
Working Conditions and Requirements of the Therapist Position:
- 65% time sitting (conducting evaluations, therapy sessions,
telephone, documentation, and computer entry)
- 10% time standing (copy machine, filing, group
- 25% time walking (distribution of materials, group activities,
oversight of milieu, filing)
- Up to 25% time bending (access files/reports, office and
- Up to 25 pounds weight lifted/carried
- Ability to use telephones extensively; ability to relay clear
written messages; ability to use computer keyboard, fax and
- Ability to effectively read and write in English and process
information; ability to input/retrieve information to/from computer
and written files; ability to observe patients, visitors, and staff
interactions/dynamics for safety and clinical effectiveness.
- Ability to converse with others to give, take and process
information; extensive use of telephone. Ability to hear patients,
visitors and/or staff when requesting immediate assistance.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and
appropriately. Ability to effectively respond to customer requests;
ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, in
a clinically accurate and professional manner; ability to inform
patients and families of clinical program policies; ability to work
as a member of a team.
- Minimum exposure of body fluids and wastes; occasional exposure
to unpleasant patient or departmental elements; occasionally
subjected to irregular or prolonged hours; exposure to high risk
behaviors from patients or visitors that may result in agitation,
aggression or violence; exposure to critical incidents and possible
exposure to sentinel events.#CB
Keywords: Meadows Of Wickenburg Inc, Sunnyvale , Therapist - Pool, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!