School Psychologist/Program Specialist
Company: Sunnyvale School District
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sunnyvale School District School Psychologist/Program Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education and Pupil Personnel WORK
PERIOD: 197 Days (11 Months) SALARY: School Psychologist (197 Days)
Salary Schedule PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist the Director of Special
Education and Pupil Personnel and the Coordinator of Special
Education to plan, develop, and supervise the effective delivery of
special education and related services. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Conducts all necessary assessments of special education
students, and referrals made for general education students, and
interprets results to parents, school staff, administrators, and
other school staff involved with child as needed.
- Provides educational recommendations verbally and in a written
report, and provide additional information as required per
education code in a timely manner.
- Participates in the development of the Individualized Education
Program (IEP) for children placed in special education programs or
receiving special education services, observe students and programs
to help determine needs and identify appropriate placements, and
monitor the provision of agreed-upon services.
- Acts as liaison between schools and other community agencies
dealing with children, act as administrative designee or district
representative in IEP team meetings for non-public, inter-district,
County Office of Education and state schools; monitors and
evaluates the provision of programs and services; evaluates student
progress; safeguards the rights of students and parents and the
interests of districts and agencies.
- Administers placements and articulation of special education
students within, into, and out of district, SELPA-wide, County
Office of Education programs and Non-Public Schools.
- Collects and analyzes data to determine the effectiveness of
programs and program delivery systems, and identifies program
- Manages assigned special education programs to assure
compliance to State and Federal regulations.
- Chairs and/or serves as a member of Individualized Educational
Program (IEP) team meetings.
- Supervises and evaluates special education staff as assigned by
the Director of Special Education and Pupil Personnel.
- Assists with the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of
certificated and classified staff.
- Advises, counsels, and assists administrators and district
staff to ensure thorough and complete communication relative to the
special education programs.
- Attends and/or facilitates various Special Education
department/SELPA staff meetings.
- Provides staff development to site administrators, teachers,
instructional assistants, and other staff members when
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned. WORKING
CONDITIONS: Works collaboratively with all District Office
department and school site personnel. QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of special education funding sources,
constraints, and impact.
- Build strong, positive professional relationships through clear
communication and follow through.
- Expertise in modification and individualization of curriculum
- Maintain knowledge of regulations, laws, state and federal
mandates related to special education and student services.
- Analyze situations; identify options; project consequences for
proposed actions, and implement and evaluate recommendations.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Work independently to produce reports, organize projects, and
- Perform independent research. Education and Experience Master's
Degree (Required). Previous administrative/leadership experience
preferred. Successful experience within the field of special
education and/or school psychology. Experience with community
agencies dealing with children and adolescents with special needs.
Possess knowledge in the areas of autism, emotional disturbance,
mild-moderate and moderate-severe handicaps. Preferred: Fluent in
written and spoken Spanish Licensing and Certification Valid
California Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) credential in School
Psychology (Required). Valid California Driver License. recblid
Keywords: Sunnyvale School District, Sunnyvale , School Psychologist/Program Specialist, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!