Sr. Medical Device Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Electrosurgical Equipment
Posted on: January 11, 2022
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that
minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity
and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians
to heal without constraints.As a pioneer and market leader in
robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and
diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25
years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the
world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and
advance what is possible.Intuitive has been built by the efforts of
great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can
come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built
around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with
inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as
their most authentic selves.Passionate people who want to make a
difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in
integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get
things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and achieve their highest potential.Join a team committed
to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world
of minimally invasive care.Primary Function of Position:Contribute
your technical engineering, manufacturing and equipment design
skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments
& electrosurgical equipment for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
The role requires active participation with new product development
and sustaining engineering teams that create and refine electronic
systems & equipment, process documentation, tooling and test
methods. Additional focus will be put on challenging the new
product designs to improve manufacturability, reliability, and
cost.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve equipment associated with
"mid-volume" electronic manufacturing assembly
- Specify and/or refine BOMs, work flow processes, manufacturing
plans and detailed work instructions.
- Provide product, process, PCBA DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly)
input to enhance manufacturability of electronic systems
- Develop and/or review manufacturing test
specifications/procedures for final test of PCBs and final
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve
fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Analyze risk in manufacturing processes (PFMEA) to incorporate
and validate critical tests required.
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of
manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard
qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).
- Responsible for establishing and qualifying manufacturing at
- Provide production support through successful and sustained
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with
respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product
reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure
analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field
returns.Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum of a BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering discipline
preferred. Preferred background in electronic hardware
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related field.
- Fundamental understanding of modern electronics manufacturing
processes, flexible and printed circuit board technologies,
component selection, test and inspection methodologies.
- "Self-starter" attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment,
where he/she can demonstrate an ability to work with other
engineers to influence product design to improve reliability.
- Troubleshooting mind set - an ability to systematically and
effectively break down a system or process into subparts to
identify failures and troubleshoot to component level.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate
effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the
- Strong training and mentoring skills.
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device
- Experience with documentation and production control systems in
Agile & SAP a plusDue to the nature of our business and the role,
please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that
you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases
including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.Intuitive is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard
to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.We will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.Shift :
Shift 1 - DayTravel : Yes, 25 % of the TimeTravel Requirements:Yes,
25 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Sr. Medical Device Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Electrosurgical Equipment, Healthcare , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!