Regional Ops Finance Manager, AMER
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Regional Ops Finance Manager, AMEREquinix is one of the fastest
growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients
worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and
forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global
interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries
spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting
over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged
in technological innovation and development. We are passionate
about further evolving the specific areas of software development,
software and network architecture, network operations and complex
cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more
reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard
problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new
approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart
of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who
create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning
and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The FP&A Manager of Operations will work within a close-knit
team of Operations and Finance professionals and interact regularly
with other departments in the organization. The individual will be
involved in executing Financial Planning and Analysis / Operational
Finance tasks such as budgeting, forecasting, performance tracking,
management reporting and transaction analysis. These duties require
considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, maturity and
independent judgment. The person must possess strong interpersonal
and organization skills.
- Forecast salaries & benefits based on headcount forecast.
- Manage cash forecast for Treasury based on project timelines
and vendor's billing schedules.
- Manage annual budget process for America's IBX Operations, HQ
IBX Ops, and Global Design & Construction business units.
- Assist in developing quarterly forecasts for submittal to
Regional FP&A team to assist with financial guidance.
- Review and analyze Regional Operations finance activity to
ensure accurate month end accruals prior to submission to
- Review actuals against budget/forecast with Regional Operations
team to provide details for flux analysis.
- Compile month end, quarterly, and annual budget reporting
- Continuous improvement of Operations financial reporting
processes as business requirements evolve.
- Work closely with other departments, such as FP&A,
Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Tax, &
Legal to ensure both financial and legal compliance.
- Liaison with various Operations team members to promote
business alignment with company policies.
- Analyze and interpret business trends to drive Operations and
Construction financial strategy.
- Participate in cross-functional Finance and
Operations/Construction teams programs to develop reporting/process
changes required to improve business visibility/efficiency.
- Special projects that may arise for Finance or related
- Perform ad-hoc analysis or other duties as needed.
- Mange direct reports as role & responsibility expand.
- Thrives and works well with others in fast-paced, highly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and results focused.
- Ability to deliver thoughtful, accurate and timely work
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing
- Advance Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Power Point,
Word, and Outlook).
- Hyperion and Excel Add-ins experience is a plus.
- Oracle experience preferred and/or IT systems experience.
- Coupa experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of Finance experience preferred, preferably in
Accounting or FP&A.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Business Administration related
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Equinix, Sunnyvale , Regional Ops Finance Manager, AMER, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!