Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies,
growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're
always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can
help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data
centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are
home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services
companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and
development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific
areas of software development, software and network architecture,
network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more
reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard
problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new
approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart
of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who
create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning
and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Reporting to the CIO and working closely with IT and business
leadership teams, the Enterprise Architecture leader will create
and oversee Equinix s Global IT Enterprise Architecture function,
driving digital transformation across the global enterprise.
* Attract, motivate and lead a small, top notch team of enterprise
* Understand the current state of the enterprise architecture and
recommend the future state of the technology architecture including
critical new technology capabilities across the enterprise to drive
our business and ensure scale to support our ambitious growth
* Formulate 3-5 target architectures to support the strategic
business objectives of Equinix and drive the strategy for Global IT
Enterprise Architecture investments, working closely with key
business leaders and executive management.
* Engage and develop relationships with leaders across the global
organization to understand functional business requirements and
find opportunities to introduce new technology solutions
* Establish and oversee Enterprise Architecture governance
framework and ensure integration with the IT operating model
* Educate, mentor and coach architects across the technology
* Provides oversight of infrastructure, security, data and
* Drive continuous operational excellence, enterprise architecture
evolution, engage and evangelize recommendations to executive team,
functional business leaders, and ensure alignment with Enterprise
Applications, Infrastructure, and InfoSec teams, delivering
holistic and unified solutions to Equinix from one Global IT
* Provide expertise, influence, guidance and mentorship to delivery
teams and engineers at all levels. Support and develop technical
leadership capabilities across our delivery teams.
* Stay up-to-date with innovations and changes in enterprise
technology, the industry and within Equinix. Make pragmatic,
data-driven recommendations on their applicability to our
* Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated,
integrated, and introduced within the company
* 7+ years experience as an enterprise, solution or technology
architect in a complex global organization
* Demonstrated experience with architecture frameworks
* Understanding & experience with Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS
cloud architecture & services
* Explain your views well to others but just as importantly,
actively listen and facilitate good discussions.
* Strong communication, leadership through influence and leadership
of global cross functional and matrixed teams.
* Ability to understand business strategy and translate that to
strategic IT enterprise architecture commitments.
* Expertise spanning all architecture layers
(technology/infrastructure, applications, information and business
process) and will have previously interacted across several areas
of an enterprise with business leaders and technology teams that
* Experienced with cloud-based technologies, integrations and
design; latest mobile architectures
* Demonstrate both strong analytic and big picture capabilities in
problem solving approaches
* Strong written and verbal communication skills articulate and
effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex
problems and solutions in simple or understandable terms
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Equinix, Sunnyvale , Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!