Director, Field Market Access - WEST
Company: Pharmacyclics, LLC
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization
of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of
life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer
patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie
(NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio
consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing
multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more
than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists,
clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work
in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in
immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their
knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates
(ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop
novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
cancer. To learn more about us, please visit us at Director, Field
Market Access - WEST General Position Summary/Purpose: The
Director, Field Market Access - WEST will be responsible for
leading a team of national account executives that engage with the
US payer & Medicare/Medicaid channels as well as a team of
reimbursement account managers focused on key dispensing practices,
hospital systems, and integrated delivery networks. This individual
is responsible for driving all strategies and ensuring the
execution of tactics within each of the customer segments to secure
access to Pharmacyclics portfolio of medicines. The Director, Field
Market Access must possess an overall knowledge of the US payer
system and have had direct account experience. They should be
familiar with, able to discuss, and train others to present
approved value propositions, pharmacoeconomic models, and relevant
topics for an oral oncolytic medicine. This individual will need to
operate with multiple internal stakeholders including
Legal/Regulatory, Medical Affairs, HECOR, Marketing, Commercial
Training and Sales colleagues. Key Accountabilities/Core Job
- Assist in the development of market access strategies and
launch plans to achieve payer coverage and mitigate access and
reimbursement issues across customer channels.
- Lead the field account teams targeting key payer and channel
customers to optimize patient access.
- Assist the Head of Market Access with formulating strategy,
KPIs, tactics, business plans, and presentations to senior
- Collaborate cross-functionally with You&i Patient Support
teams, Trade and Distribution, Federal, Marketing, and Field teams
to drive awareness of Pharmacyclics patient support and resolve
- Be willing to take on special projects that will help
facilitate access for company portfolio.
- Cover all accounts within geography. This may involve travel
outside of geography for conferences.
- Actively participate in strategy execution meetings with Sales
and Marketing leadership to uncover business opportunities.
- Actively use company and third-party databases to monitor
access and develop appropriate strategies.
- Establish goals for the field teams and support development
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university.
Preferred MBA, Advanced degrees, certifications
- 10 years of biotech/pharma experience, 3+ of which must have
been responsible for leading a team focused on the US payer system
preferably in the oncology space
- Be a content expert in the US payer system, strong knowledge in
the oncology business.
- Creative thinker - able to identify, develop, and execute sound
- Ability to analyze and create custom reports. Ability to
explain these reports to others including those without direct
Federal Markets experience.
- Competent with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be able to manage deadlines, multiple priorities, and be
- Excellent communication, written, and verbal skills.
- Up to 75% travel.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclic's background screening, the
employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as
required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts
(additional screening requests may include but are not limited to
background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug
screening) #featuredjob Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, LLC, Sunnyvale , Director, Field Market Access - WEST, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!