Posted on: July 20, 2019
Position Description HR Director
On-site in Sunnyvale, California
You are a seasoned, result-focused HR Director with expertise in
all aspects of HR management; however, your real passion is for
talent acquisition, employee relations, and initiating process
improvements, leveraging technology. You understand the value of
hiring the best talent available to create bench strength and a
strong leadership pipeline. As an individual contributor, you are
personally accountable -- and you want to be part of a tight,
cohesive HR team that is also accountable for results and works
very well together. It is important to you to work in an
integrity-filled company that cares about and develops its
employees professionally -- and whose products and services make a
positive difference in the world, as part of our B Corporation and
mission-driven commitment. You are a whole systems thinker and
experienced in working as part of a team to deliver strategic,
scalable HR management, which is respected throughout the global
You will have primary responsibility for:
TALENT ACQUISITION 30%
- Perform non-exempt, exempt & technical talent
- Upon receipt of an approved Requisition Form, work with the Sr.
HR Rep to prepare & post the position, subsequent to approval from
the VP, HR & Hiring Manager.
- Ensure the Sr. HR Rep posts open, approved positions internally
including company email announcements & updating job boards and
- Ensure a continuous pipeline of candidates for each open
position including direct sourcing; proactively recommend strategy
and next steps for generating qualified candidates. Monitor social
media sites like Glassdoor.
- Screen resumes for all open positions.
- Conduct phone & in person interviews for all levels of
positions while collaborating with the VP of HR on executive level
open positions as needed.
- In partnership with the Sr. HR Rep, ensure recruitment
dashboards and reporting are kept current on a daily
- Review and revise position descriptions with Hiring Manager to
ensure clear hiring target and setting expectations.
- Collaborate with Hiring Manager to create strategic phone,
in-person & team behavior-based interview questions.
- Continually update talent acquisition library of behavior-based
interview questions & other recruitment documents in shared
- Administer pre-employment assessments in accord with talent
- Check professional references using S.O.P. for final
- Extend offer to candidates in accord with S.O.P.
- Partner with approved temporary agencies to recruit temporary
- Advise managers on state and federal laws, and various
regulations related to recruitment
- Communicate and train managers and employees on company
policies and procedures regarding recruitment.
- Focus on continuous process improvement in recruitment;
implement and maintain Jobvite ATS, make recommendations and
discuss with VP, HR/OD.
GENERAL HR DUTIES & SPECIAL PROJECTS 35%
- As active part of the B Corporation Committee, partner with
employee-led group to work on various initiatives and projects
including the flow of how they advance our people processes and
experiences to make a positive difference for our employees
globally as well as our local communities and customers.
- Manage the new hire orientation process to ensure candidates
have a successful on- boarding experience. Partner with
cross-functional managers to ensure new employees have the
necessary training from various departments such as Facilities,
Technical Support and Accounting to set them up for success. Work
with global counterparts to ensure a consistent program for all new
- Lead the benefits open enrollment process in partnership with
Sr. HR Rep and Payroll Administrator. Present to VP of HR/OD for
final approval. This includes budgetary management, communication
and Open Enrollment meeting scheduling, working closely with the
third-party vendors and broker.
- Manage planning and deployment of annual Wellness
- Support managers with workflow analysis, including evaluating
options, creating and implementation of project plan.
- Support the VP of HR/OD on strategic workforce planning
initiatives, as needed.
- Manage US Employee Handbook and Policy Updates to ensure
compliance; includes training of managers on company policies,
procedures and practices (individually and in groups).
- Maintain a well-organized and user-friendly HR intranet site
for ease of use which hosts all the current HR policies and
- Oversee Sexual Harassment Prevention online training in accord
with company policy and state requirements.
- Partner with managers to review updated job requirements and
descriptions. Review business case for promotions and new headcount
requests, providing HR data and feedback.
- Ensure Affirmative Action Plan is updated annually in
collaboration with Sr. HR Rep with final approval from VP of
- Maintain current electronic file of all HR generated
Independent Consultant Agreements. As needed, manage annual update
process with final sign-off from VP of HR/OD.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure trend data is captured and
reported to VP of HR/OD.
- Oversee Workers Compensation cases and claims, including direct
contact with attorneys, physicians and insurance carriers as
- Annual review of benefit & employee files for audit purposes;
conducted in July & December with a random audit of 14
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; leveraging
personal and professional networks and participating in
professional groups (SHRM, NCHRA, etc.).
- Act as leader within Events Committee, including attending
regular meetings and oversight of activities, while maintaining the
annual budget allocated to employee events.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS 20%
- Scan work environment to proactively identify areas of risk and
discuss mitigating strategies with VP, HR/OD and other HR team
- Manage all employee relations cases in the US, including
investigations, documentation and actions, from beginning to end in
accord with company policies, and S.O.P.
- Coach, advise and train employees and managers on company
policies and procedures;
- Advise managers on state and federal laws, and various
regulations related to employees;
- Master and encourage managers to use the management tools of L4
Leadership, Inquiry, and Crucial Conversations to enhance or turn
around employee performance and coach them where
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing
applicable human resources federal and state requirements,
conducting investigations, maintaining accurate records, responding
to EDD inquiries as needed.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT 15%
As the Admin and a power-user for the Saba/Halogen Talent
Management System, manage all aspects of system performance. Work
closely with VP of HR and OD and Sr. HR Rep to prepare and
- Support overall management of evaluation cycles by reviewing
all the assigned performance evaluations-ensuring they are in line
with approved goals and the approved rating scale to ensure the
data and performance levels match.
- To facilitate the performance evaluation process, coach
managers to ensure timely and accurate completion of evaluations
for employees, excluding the Executive Management Team.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to troubleshoot system or
process issues with managers and employees; track trend data for
continuous process improvement and present a business case analysis
of ideas to VP of HR/OD for discussion. Implement subsequent to
- Monitor and track internal feedback on TMS and process
- Continue to maintain skillset through webinars, virtual
training tools, attending conferences, and local meetings when
possible to optimize our deployment. Position Requirements You will
have the following:
- 8 - 12+ years HR management experience focusing on full-cycle
recruiting, employee relations, performance management, benefit
administration, compliance, reporting, policy creation, training,
employment law, compensation, and salary surveys
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including expertise in Excel
- Demonstrated experience working with a Talent Management
System, Saba/Halogen ideal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and highest
levels of integrity
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking in
- Excellent interpersonal skills: warmth, sensitivity to others
even in challenging ER situations
- Customer service focus in person & on the phone
- Collaborative team player with a results-focused
- A profound interest in helping continue our organization to be
a great place to work. Application Instructions Our HR team
delivers state-of-the-art support to our growing global
organization. We have a strong customer-service focus and
everything that we do is aligned with our company's strategic plan.
We consistently look for ways to grow professionally & improve our
processes to better serve the organization. This position reports
to the VP of Human Resources & Organizational Development.
As a B Corp, our culture is mission driven and formalizes what has
been our historic practice of taking all stakeholders into account
including employees, customers and the environment into in order to
make a positive difference. We have a culture that is emotionally
intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional, and
committed to the professional development of all employees.
Our organization's job is to help people development professionals
be better and, in turn, help their companies' employees flourish.
While we're best known for our organizational development products
like the Myers-Briggs-- (MBTI--) assessment, we are a group of
professionals who provide expertise in the talent management
industry. We offer solutions to help improve organizational
performance and address whatever challenges businesses and
professionals face - from team building, leadership, coaching, and
conflict management to career development, selection, and
retention. Perhaps this is why millions of individuals in more than
170 countries use our products each year. These include people from
Fortune 500 companies to businesses of all sizes, as well as
educators, government agencies, and training and development
Working here gives you the opportunity to make a positive
difference, be accountable, experience genuine respect from your
colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. We work to
create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages
employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a
protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with
disability. (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled)
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our growth,
while working with others who are passionate about our solutions
and mission, please apply online today!
Nicole Trapasso, Vice President, HR&OD
The Myers-Briggs Company
Keywords: CPP, Sunnyvale , HR Director, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!