Engineering Manager, Games
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Are you interested in coaching and developing software engineers to
craft popular global games with real-time scalability challenges?
Niantic is seeking an Engineering Manager to run a game engineering
team that comprises between 7 to 12 engineers. You'll be working on
a real-world Augmented Reality game, which may include Pok--mon GO,
Ingress, or Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. During a portion of your
time, you will also perform hands-on coding on non-time-critical
You will be paired with a Technical Lead, who will be responsible
for the team's technical architecture while you handle the
people-management aspect of the engineering
- Lead an engineering team to deliver high-quality products and
- Perform career development, conflict resolution, and team
building. Mentor engineers to expand their skills.
- Lead usage of standard methodologies in software development,
including code reviews, automated testing, build deployment,
- As part of your role, write code for non-time-critical software
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, design,
marketing and operations, to ensure error-free launches in a timely
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related
- You have 2+ years of experience directly managing software
engineers, and ensuring high productivity, morale, and
- You have a demonstrated track record at creating a diverse,
inclusive work environment that empowers every person.
- You know how to take a strategic goal, define features and eng
scope, delegate work, collaborate cross-functionally, and deliver a
- You have professional experience working on a consumer mobile
Join the Niantic team!Niantic is the world's leading AR technology
company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world.
Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and
record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter:
Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We
believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported
and included is essential to creating great products our community
will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse
voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in
the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most
important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los
Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , Engineering Manager, Games, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!