Software Engineering Manager - DevTools
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data. We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management. By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds. Job Summary About the Team We are the Development Tools organization responsible for serving the needs of internal tooling within in NetApp for more than 5000 Developers and QA community. We build and maintain a wide range of products from scratch to improve the efficiency of our engineers while addressing their changing needs. We develop, maintain and support a plethora of tools that cover some of the important processes in an organization like Build, Atlassian, DevOps, 3rd Party Open Source Verification then customize and integrate them into our internal workflows. We are seeking a mid level people/technical manager who can bring together and lead our dispersed group. Job Requirements Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of managing complex technical programs and a team in a fast-paced environment.
- 6 -10 years of previous management experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- 4+ years of experience with knowledge of SW and Development Tools eco system.
- Strong background in managing development tools : Compilers, DevOps tooling, Jenkins, Software builds, Atlassian, SCM tools like Perforce, GIT, etc.
- Ability to work across cross-organization and overcoming friction points in driving solutions
- Building the team roadmaps and setting the S.M.A.R.T. goals (specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time- bound) for the team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Having a passion for mentoring peers and directs and provide meaningful feedback in a constructive manner on a regular basis
- Ability to have candid conversations on performance improvements with teams and providing a collaborative environment for teams to succeed
- Being able to evaluate and commit to aggressive schedules on deliverables and meeting commitments
- Strong belief in program management discipline and ensuring teams adhere to the rules of engagement
- Being able to understand direct reports and be able to provide support for employees when it's genuinely needed
- Exceptional work ethics and willing to work in a matrix-managed environment. Added advantage
- Knowledge of implementing security solutions in application development environment
- Experience in working with Configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet and experience in Containers, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of working in any major Cloud, Hybrid Cloud and Cloud Storage solutions
- Knowledge of Continuous Deployment tools like Spinnaker Education BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data! If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do. We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future. Join us and see what empowerment can do. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Software Engineering Manager - DevTools, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!