IT and Cloud Operations Manager
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT) is a leading provider of tech support and turnkey support center services, maker of Support.com-- Cloud software and services and producer of SUPERAntiSpyware-- anti-malware products. Support.com's services and products help leading brands deepen their customer relationships by delivering a fantastic customer support experience, leading to happier customers, greater brand loyalty and growing revenues. Consumers want technology that works the way it was intended and Support.com helps them get the most from their technology.
Under general supervision, works independently on the overall deployment and maintenance of the company's Corporate IT and Cloud Infrastructure and Applications, along with additional emphasis on rounding out Information Systems (IS) technologies. A person in this position is a full time manager, and part time technical contributor with good knowledge and experience in the area of the implementation, configuration, maintenance and auditing of IT related applications and infrastructure. Maintains and provides technical expertise and participates in vendor selection as needed to support and enhance corporate IT and IS applications. This person sees the users of IT technology as valued customers and works to make IT "disappear," with regard to their everyday use of these corporate IT resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will have responsibilities that span the following areas:
- Manages, hires, monitors, evaluates, coaches and enhances the performance of IT staff in Support.com's corporate office.
- Manages IT Helpdesk in accordance with internally developed SLAs for various services such as, but not limited to telecommunications, email, content management systems, HRIS systems, etc.
- Oversees the administration of the Corporate Datacenters, WAN, including compute layer, storage layer, and network layer.
- Manage public Cloud Infrastructure and applications with emphasis on performance, security and scalability
- Manages corporate IT activities with respect to security certifications/compliance including SOX, PCI and SOC
- Manage and coordinate projects related to application migration and upgrades including, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint and Financial & HRIS systems.
- Maintains and enhances corporate telecommunications strategies, including unified communications platforms, and their components.
- Researches, recommends and implements strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase employee productivity by studying organization goals, strategies,
- Defines standards, guidelines and quality assurance with respect to IT deliverables.
- Follow PMI standards (or similar) to manage projects through the project lifecycles of initiation, planning, execution and closure.
- Work with various internal organizations to define and accomplish financial objectives, including forecasts, budgeting, and trending analysis.
- Responsible for Corporate ITIL Security standards, including working with other teams to define and enforce these guidelines
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6yrs of experience in managing 24x7 IT staff, IT and Cloud infrastructure
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience.
- Certification is a plus: PMP or similar, CompTIA Security + or equivalent, MCITP, others as relevant.
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange experience
- Strong experience with managing AWS and/or Azure Cloud services
- Experience Atlassian products -- Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience integrating OS X into Windows domain environments to normalize the IT experience for users across both platforms.
- Experience with automation tools, monitoring and auditing applications, and other applications that enhance the ability to deliver IT services.
- Even temperament to manage incidents even under stressful circumstances
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team manager, asserting a leadership role for the team.
- Ability to teach other members of the team and act as a mentor as required
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
- Ability to perform tasks and manage team with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track projects
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity
Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Support.com, Sunnyvale , IT and Cloud Operations Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!