Director, Product Mktg, Storage Systems and Software
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Director, Product Marketing, Storage Systems and Software
The Director of Product Marketing is a global role that drives the overall marketing strategy and execution for the NetApp flash, hybrid storage, software defined storage and data protection portfolio. This role will work closely with Product Management, Product Development, and Sales to identify, implement and execute the right marketing mix and overall go to market strategy for the leading NetApp all flash, hybrid, software defined storage and data protection businesses. This includes mapping the product portfolio to market needs - identifying the market opportunity, developing differentiated messaging, content, and programs, that are directed at customers as well as enables our sales and channel partners.
This is a strategic role that will work across the entire NetApp organization to drive effective collaboration and communication. Strong influence and communication skills will be critical to work with our leadership team and effectively drive positive results. This role will have responsibility for working with leadership to develop clear plans, goals, prioritization for products and work across the organization to drive business results and market impact. This role will be seen as the subject matter expert on the marketing and go to market solutions for the portfolio.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design, enablement, execution, and measurement of product marketing and go to market plans
- Messaging and content development that provides compelling value proposition and awareness
- Provide management oversight to your team to drive strategy and goal attainment
- Setup and management of a strong collaborative process for Product Marketing and the entire Marketing and Sales Channel organization to drive communication and key program approvals with senior leadership
- Work across the Marketing, Product Operations, and Field teams to identify and drive key product and promotion programs and plans that result in greater reach and new customer acquisition for NetApp
- Identify metrics and drive regular communication on progress for the Product Marketing and Marketing organization
- Identify tools or capabilities needed to increase sales and channel impact and performance
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure departmental goals are met
- Assume responsibility for result, including costs, methods and staffing
- 15+ years Product Marketing experience
- Experience in storage and software
- Experience with flash and software defined technologies
- Experience working with and influencing cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience.
12+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Director, Product Mktg, Storage Systems and Software, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!