Director Of Activities / Life Enrichment / Lifestyle
Company: Atria Careers
Posted on: November 17, 2023
OverviewWhat's the difference between a job and a meaningful,
rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you
have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest
people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary
company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by
investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary
life.Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. -Atria
will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of
these protected classifications.The wage range for this position is
$30/hour to $34.50/hour dependent on prior work history and
experience.ResponsibilitiesDevelops and implements programs of
interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their
lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations. Manages
and supervises the Engage Life Program Instructors (ELPI),
volunteers, and drivers (where applicable).
- Manages the Atria Resident Discovery tool (ARD), including
completing Learn.Do.Try. (LDT) surveys, monthly event calendar, and
all move in actions related to Engage Life for all residents.
- Researches, evaluates, approves, develops and modifies
community events and programs, according to resident interests and
"8 Dimensions of Engagement".
- Prepares and publishes an engaging and creative monthly program
calendar which incorporates the communities' events and programs by
the 1st of every month (ex. December calendar due Nov 1).
- Manages all aspects of the Engage Life program.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program
- Contributes to community growth by participating in sales
- Engages in community public relations including collaboration
with corporate public relations and preparation of local positive
- Manages departmental needs and goals within department
- Recruits, researches, and approves schedules and supervises
programs leaders, general contractor entertainers, volunteers,
religious professionals and vendors.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Active Aging and
Transportation personnel including scheduling, assignment,
direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments),
hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Serves as the community's "manager-on-duty" on a regular
- Determine and manage community resident transportation
operation, including scheduling of outside events and similar
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- Recruits, approves, trains and manages volunteers where
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word.
Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail
even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive
attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to
communicate performance expectations, document performance
conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete
performance management expectations as guided by the company.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and
goals for the community.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology including use of
computers, iPad/Tablet use, Word programming, internet access,
email, and social media.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company
provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor
vehicle policy standards.
Keywords: Atria Careers, Sunnyvale , Director Of Activities / Life Enrichment / Lifestyle, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!