System Engineering Manager
Company: Meta Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
At Reality Labs, we are focused on defining experiences in
Augmented and Virtual Reality, finding new ways for people to
connect and build communities and help people feel more present
with each other even when we're apart. Meta's work in augmented and
virtual reality spans a number of breakthrough technologies and
touches industries ranging from entertainment and gaming to
education and beyond. Oculus lets people defy distance with
cutting-edge VR hardware; Portal helps friends and families stay
connected and share the moments that matter in meaningful ways;
while our AR teams are taking augmented reality to the next level
with everything from glasses to wearables and more. We're looking
for a System Engineering Manager for the AR team who thrives
working in ambiguous 0 to 1 spaces and is passionate about
innovation at the front end of future products. This position will
afford you the opportunity to have broad impact across a product
line of AR glasses.As System Engineering Manager, you will be
supporting a team of System Engineers who are working on defining
the system design for AR products.
System Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of System Engineers responsible working on AR
- Champion a healthy and inclusive team culture.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams Product
Management, leadership and subject matter experts to define system
architectures encompassing ME, EE, silicon, sensors, display,
optics, computer vision, and software development.
- Distill product vision, requirements into system requirements
and flow them down to subsystem requirements across hardware,
software, and external partners.
- Drive clarity and focus for the project and the team by clearly
defining goals and metrics of success and aligning with the team
and cross functional partners.
- Ideal candidate is someone who can dive deep in the details
while also operating at a higher level of abstraction, connecting
the dots, understanding and articulating the strategy.
- 3+ years people management experience in consumer electronics
- Interest in the development and integration of complex new
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience exploring new technologies & bringing them from
concept to product release.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or
a related technical discipline with 7+ years of experience, or
advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
or a related technical discipline with 4+ years of experience.
- MS in Electrical Engineering , Physics , Optics, Silicon Design
or related fields/experience.
- Experience developing multiple novel consumer electronics
products throughout the complete product development cycle.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta Inc, Sunnyvale , System Engineering Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!