Manager, Audio Engineering
Company: Meta Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Reality Labs hardware teams at Meta build our VR, AR,
Glasses, and Wearable devices. The potential of these products to
connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Come
join the team to ship emerging technologies to hundreds of
millions, driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough
work in physical acoustic, Audio algorithm, Audio Experience
Optimization, and advanced audio technology development, to deliver
mixed and virtual reality experiences as part of our family of
products to enable the Metaverse. We are currently hiring an
experienced Audio Algorithm Technology Manager to develop
technology roadmaps, influence product roadmaps, align tech
development with future product requirements, represent the
technology teams with our cross-functional partners, and deliver
innovative technologies that support the RL product vision.
Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic
cross-functional environment, and exhibit high signal-to-noise
synthesis (pun intended) abilities and communication.
Manager, Audio Engineering Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of DSP and Audio ML engineers to develop World
Class Audio and Enhancement algorithms for voice communications,
Always On Assistant, and music enhancement in MATLAB, floating
Point, and Fixed Point languages.
- Lead the fusion of embedded small footprint machine learning
and classical algorithm fusion for advanced applications in speech
enhancement, signal separation, and multi modal sensor fusion
applications running on the edge.
- Develop new algorithms, User experiences, and features for next
generation communications, virtual reality and augmented reality
- Build and manage a multi-generational technology and audio
- Define, design, develop and debug real-time audio system
software for forward looking products and user experiences.
- Develop a forward looking technology shelf and dive into new
areas with unfamiliar technologies.
- Identify, evaluate and drive third party algorithm
- Generate novel, innovative solutions to some of the toughest
problems in audio.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of engineers.
- Champion a data driven culture, operational excellence, and
establishing processes and operational metrics and KPIs.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional
HW and SW engineering teams.
- Build and develop an effective team. Support recruiting and
- Partner with academia and industry partners on new innovation
- Experience with technical leadership and demonstrated success
through data managing people.
- 7+ years experience managing embedded DSP SW teams and audio
- Experience with ML applications in Audio domain such as noise
reduction, scene classification, and signal separation.
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work
including transducers, audio ICs, acoustics, embedded DSPs, in
mobile and embedded platforms.
- 10+ years experience creating efficient real-time embedded
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience working across
disciplines to drive optimal solutions and supporting cross
- Experience with porting and optimizing C code to a target
- Familiarity with various DSP platforms and the trade-offs of
- Experience in any of the following areas: Echo Controls, Multi
mic noise reduction, Speech Intelligibility Enhancement, Microphone
beamforming, ML, Blind Source Separation, Signal Separation.
- Experience in developing AGC, Multi band compression, HRTF
Surround Sound, Speaker Array processing, Speaker protection.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or
- 10+ years of Fixed Point and Floating point Audio Algorithm
development into embedded DSP and ARM ocres.
- Experience in Acoustics and Consumer Audio EE
- Experience shipping millions of embedded audio DSP
- Experience with embedded Low Footprint machine learning and
application of machine learning techniques to voice enhancement and
music enhancement algorithms.
- Experience with machine learning for Audio Scene
- Always on Wakeword and voice interaction.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta Inc, Sunnyvale , Manager, Audio Engineering, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!