Senior Manager of Operations Program Management 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is looking for a
Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the Operations Program
Management organization in Sunnyvale, CA .The Operations Program
Manager (OPM) department manages all phases of program
manufacturing from inception through completion. The OPM group is
responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of
manufacturing scope on both development, LRIP and production
programs. The OPM leads and coordinates manufacturing activity
across the program life cycle, from capture/proposal through
execution/production and contract closeout. The OPM coordinates the
preparation of operating budgets and manufacturing plans. They act
as the primary customer/PM contact for all manufacturing
activities, leading program review sessions with customer/PM to
discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. The OPM
establishes high level manufacturing milestones and monitors
adherence to master plans and schedules, and identifies problems
and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing
specifications. They coordinate the work of employees assigned to
the program from technical, manufacturing, financial, and
administrative areas. The primary objective will be the delivery of
all contractual manufacturing requirements on cost and on schedule,
while achieving all technical requirements. The individual will
lead a multi-program organization aligned to common manufacturing
performance goals. Primary responsibilities are the management of
cost, schedule, and technical performance of manufacturing programs
or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating internal customer relationships.
- Developing long term strategic planning, and development of
proposals and business plans.
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams
(IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance
objectives on manufacturing scope.
- Function as the Operations Execution Manager (OEM) to serve as
the Operations focal point to the PM to drive integrated and
cohesive Operations execution now including Manufacturing, Mission
Assurance and Global Supply Chain.
- Measuring and reporting program performance.
- Delivering presentations to executive management and other
- Participate in the creation, review and finalization of the
manufacturing Statement of Work.
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned
Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control
methodologies and tools.
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources,
including workforce planning.
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information
(GFE, CFE, etc.).
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable
- Ensuring Operations team understands and adheres to contract
scope, and manages change through control board activities.
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices
including identification, mitigation and realization. MANUMS
SNYVLCA Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of experience; Master's Degree
with 7+ years' experience; PhD with 4+ years of experience
supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project
management in other industries (An a dditional 4+ years experience
in manufacturing program/project management considered in lieu of
- 5+ years of experience leading the performance of tasks on
schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project
lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or
organizations to achieve a common goal.
- Fluent with MS Office products - PowerPoint, Project, Excel,
- Experience with ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a security
- SAP experience preferred.
- Competency with managing production in SAP in a low volume,
high mix manufacturing environment.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management.
- PMI certification and/or PMI-based training.
- Command of Earned Value Management Concepts and
- Government contract experience.
- Experience with hardware production proposals. Salary Range:
$141,300 USD - $211,900 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Senior Manager of Operations Program Management 3, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!