Principal/SR Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you
to join our Marine Systems team as a Principal/SR Principal Project
Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager based in Sunnyvale,
CA.What You'll get to Do:Working under an Operations Program
Manager and with manufacturing operations functional management,
you will be part of the team responsible for execution of the
manufacturing scope of a multi-million dollar naval propulsion and
power generation program. In this role, you will help guide and
lead the manufacturing team by ensuring manufacturing issues and
road blocks are resolved quickly, and that the manufacturing
program(s) perform on time and on budget. You will be a key point
of contact within manufacturing for the program. Responsibilities
include the following:
- Resolve manufacturing issues by working with cross functional
- Coordinate responses with functional organizations to keep
projects on schedule.
- Propose, plan/baseline, and execute to performance management
- Perform risk and opportunity management functions for the
manufacturing scope in concert with the overall program RSKOM.
- Perform EVMS and cost account management functions.
- Resolve material, manpower, and machine issues to ensure
successful manufacturing performance.This position can be filled at
a Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager
level or a Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations
Program Manager level. MANUMS SNYVLCA #LI - AH1 Basic
Qualifications:*This position may be filled at higher level based
on the following qualifications*
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of relevant work experience; 4+
years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+ years
of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).OR
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience;
8+ years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+
years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Program and/or Project
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Ability to travel (generally less than 5%).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which requires U.S.
- Experience working on government contracts.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Experience with manufacturing production proposals.
- Experience managing hardware production activity.
- Experience with SAP in a low volume, high mix manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in Earned Value Management.
- PMP certification. Salary Range: $83,800 USD - $125,800 USD
Salary Range 2: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD Employees may be
eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual
bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as
allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice
President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal/SR Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!