Principal/Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you
to join our Marine Systems team as a Principal/Senior Principal
Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager based in
Sunnyvale, CA.What You'll get to Do:Working under an Operations
Program Manager and with manufacturing operations functional
management, you will be part of the team responsible for execution
of the manufacturing scope of a multi-million dollar naval
propulsion and power generation program. In this role, you will
help guide and lead the manufacturing team by ensuring
manufacturing issues and road blocks are resolved quickly, and that
the manufacturing program(s) perform on time and on budget. You
will be a key point of contact within manufacturing for the
program. Responsibilities include the following:
- Resolve manufacturing issues by working with cross functional
- Coordinate responses with functional organizations to keep
projects on schedule.
- Propose, plan/baseline, and execute to performance management
- Perform risk and opportunity management functions for the
manufacturing scope in concert with the overall program RSKOM.
- Perform EVMS and cost account management functions.
- Resolve material, manpower, and machine issues to ensure
successful manufacturing performance.
- Provide continuity in Operations Program Management support to
assist and coordinate with cross functional weekend shift personnel
to achieve critical schedule milestones.This position will be
required to regularly work a 40-hour work schedule that includes
Saturday and Sunday day-shifts at the manufacturing facility
location in Sunnyvale, CA.This position can be filled at a
Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager
level or a Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations
Program Manager level. MANUMS SNYVLCA Basic Qualifications:*This
position may be filled at higher level based on the following
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of relevant work experience; 4+
years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+ years
of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).OR
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience;
8+ years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+
years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of
- 3+ years of experience in Program and/or Project
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Ability to travel (generally less than 5%).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which requires U.S.
- Experience working on government contracts.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Experience with manufacturing production proposals.
- Experience managing hardware production activity.
- Experience with SAP in a low volume, high mix manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in Earned Value Management.
- PMP certification. Salary Range: $83,800 USD - $125,800 USD
Salary Range 2: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD Employees may be
eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual
bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as
allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice
President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal/Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!