Posted on: July 27, 2022
Business Fortinet is a global leader and innovator in network
security. We provide high performance cybersecurity solutions to a
wide variety of enterprises and government organizations of all
sizes across the globe. We provide protection against cyberattacks
across the entire attack surface through a broad range of security
products and solutions, providing customers with an end-to-end
platform and a single source of threat intelligence to minimize
security gaps. For 2022, we project our billings to be in excess of
$5 billion and we are supported by a world-wide employee group of
+10,000 in more than 50 countries. Position Summary Reporting to
Sr. Manager of Payroll, the Manager of Payroll Operations will
serve as the subject matter expert for payroll taxes, garnishments,
pay practices and policies for the US and LATAM entities. Serve as
subject matter expert for Federal and States Wage and hour laws and
regulations. This position requires someone who has strong
analytical skills, problem solving and leadership skills. Someone
who can identify issues, find the root cause, provide training and
support to the team of three. This is not a transactional role.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-state taxes including tax
adjustments and calculations.
- Understands how taxes apply to NQSO, RSU's, ESPP and
- Understands how the systems work and connect between ADPWFN and
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Maintains knowledge of the company policies and procedures
relating to payroll.
- Understands the impacts of other areas such as G/L, Stock,
- Ensures the efficient and accurate payroll processing in
alignment with all internal controls, including retroactive pays,
bonuses, status changes, timecards, new hires, terminations,
special pay adjustments, garnishments, W2s, amendments,
- Oversees multi-jurisdictional taxation, including remote
employee taxation, reconciling of quarterly and year-end payroll
tax returns for federal, state and local taxes, as required.
Researches and resolves any issues related to tax return filings,
penalty notices, garnishments, timecards, etc.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- A minimum of 10 years of payroll processing with at least 3
years of managing a team of payroll processors in a hyper-growth,
public high-tech organization.
- Strong system knowledge - ADPWFN is required.
- Ability to explain things precisely verbally and in
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of best Payroll practices
plus Payroll tax compliance requirements
- Elite attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving.
- Strong Excel skills and ability to work with Auditors
- Knowledge of worker's comp, 401k, and other payroll related
areas including LatAm is a plus.
- Eager to learn, adaptability, teamwork.
Keywords: Fortinet, Sunnyvale , Payroll Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!