Gear Front Line Manager 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: July 27, 2022
- Location:Sunnyvale, California, United States of America
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join
our team as a Manager of Gearing based out of Sunnyvale, CA
campus.What you'll get to do:The Manager of Gearing has the
- Directs activities at the floor level for various phases in the
processing of rotating element including Hobbing, Grinding,
Measuring, and Honing.
- Driving schedules, cost performance, and to help trouble shoot
when issues develop.
- Interfaces, directs, coaches, and supports Employee Union
representatives as well as communicates with technical support
teams, and supports machine maintenance personnel on
troubleshooting machine related issues.
- Strong understanding in Rotating element processing and
understanding of the Machines used for such processing is
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited
college or university with 9+ years of manufacturing experience;
Master's +7 years of manufacturing experience; PhD +4 years of
manufacturing experience (4+ years of additional years of
experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Management and/or leadership experience.
- Strong general knowledge in Gear machining or Machining related
methods and processes (Grinding, Hobbing, Milling, and
- Ability to work first/day shift or second/swing shift.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a
- Related experience in machining, milling, drilling, boring and
turning of components.
- Experience in machine functionality, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of Heat Treat processing and Metallurgy
- Government contracting and fixed price production
- Current or active security clearance. Salary Range: $107,800
USD - $161,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary
bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to
reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share
in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director
positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition,
Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health
insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan,
Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or
personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their
families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to
remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop
Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated
or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation,
pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the
currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive
Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/
.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Gear Front Line Manager 2, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!