Principal/Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join
our Marine Systems team as a Principal/Senior Principal Project
Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager based in Sunnyvale,
What You'll get to Do:
Working under an Operations Program Manager and with manufacturing
operations functional management, you will be part of the team
responsible for execution of the manufacturing scope of a
multi-million dollar naval propulsion and power generation program.
In this role, you will help guide and lead the manufacturing team
by ensuring manufacturing issues and road blocks are resolved
quickly, and that the manufacturing program(s) perform on time and
on budget. You will be a key point of contact within manufacturing
for the program.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Resolve manufacturing issues by working with cross functional
- Coordinate responses with functional organizations to keep
projects on schedule.
- Propose, plan/baseline, and execute to performance management
- Perform risk and opportunity management functions for the
manufacturing scope in concert with the overall program RSKOM.
- Perform EVMS and cost account management functions.
- Resolve material, manpower, and machine issues to ensure
successful manufacturing performance.
- Provide continuity in Operations Program Management support to
assist and coordinate with cross functional weekend shift personnel
to achieve critical schedule milestones.This position will be
required to regularly work a 40-hour work schedule that includes
Saturday and Sunday day-shifts at the manufacturing facility
location in Sunnyvale, CA.
This position can be filled at a Principal Project Management -
Deputy Operations Program Manager level or a Senior Principal
Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager level.
*This position may be filled at higher level based on the following
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of relevant work experience; 4+
years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+ years
of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).OR
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of relevant work experience;
8+ years of experience with a Master's (Note: an additional 4+
years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of
- 3+ years of experience in Program and/or Project
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Ability to travel (generally less than 5%).
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which requires U.S.
- Experience working on government contracts.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Experience with manufacturing production proposals.
- Experience managing hardware production activity.
- Experience with SAP in a low volume, high mix manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in Earned Value Management.
- PMP certification. Salary Range: $83,800 USD - $125,800 USD
Salary Range 2: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Principal/Senior Principal Project Management - Deputy Operations Program Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!