Senior Group Product Manager
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Company Description At Intuitive, we are united behind our
mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing
care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the
potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we
strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making
a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals
and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's
hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from
diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of
thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our
team members to do their best work as their most authentic
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture.
Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity
to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real
world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest
in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can
continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global
community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,
let's advance the world of minimally invasive care. Job Description
* -Primary Function of Position*
The Senior Group Product Manager supports da Vinci - Multiport
systems across the entire product lifecycle. - This includes
managing the product portfolio roadmap, developing, and conducting
market and user research, making product and feature proposals,
overseeing the writing of market and product requirements,
shepherding the product through all Evaluation, Product Development
and Design Control stages, working with our product marketing
rollout teammates to ensure a successful launch, and providing
expertise throughout the entire product lifecycle. The Senior Group
Product Manager is responsible to build and manage a team of
Product Managers, coaching them through their product
responsibilities as well as providing career development guidance
and performance reviews.
The Senior Group Product Manager has an in depth understanding of
the customer-facing features of the da Vinci - system (including
clinical application) as well as a solid grounding in the
underlying technical implementation to hospitals systems. The
Product Management team represents the voice of the customer
(business needs) and the voice of the user (user needs) to the
Design and Engineering teams and other internal business partners
throughout the entire product lifecycle process, encouraging sound
yet timely decision making.
*Roles and Responsibilities*
* Develop long term multiport portfolio objectives by managing the
system product roadmap and product lifecycle accordingly. - Develop
business justification for recommendations and gain alignment
across key stakeholders on project prioritization.
* Develop the business justification for new products and new
features by working with customers and company stakeholders. -
Develop forecasts and other business analyses, including
competitive assessments, to facilitate sound data-driven decision
* By guiding the activities of direct staff, shepherd multiple
complex projects through the development process weighing the
Desirability, Viability and Feasibility of the proposed solution. -
Develop market requirements and product requirements and
facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams. (Design
Engineering, User Interface Engineering, User Experience
Engineering, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Human Factors,
Clinical Engineering, Training, Finance and Business
* Develop and track effective goals and objectives of the team,
aligning to business unit and corporate objectives. Hold the team
and accountable for results.
* Use qualitative and quantitative market research methods and
direct customer interviews and observations to develop insights
that inform the product roadmap. Refine requirements with feedback
directly from customers as well as internal team including clinical
sales, internal M.D.'s, and clinical development engineering.
* Engage with User Experience partners during the development
process by establishing design requirements, prioritizing design
efforts, coordinating design reviews, and documenting and
communicating design decisions.
* Develop and convey product value proposition to global marketing
teams for global product positioning and messaging.
* Measure product success by monitoring product adoption and
seeking post-launch product feedback.
* Develop a deep understanding of the surgical treatments for
applicable indications, including monitoring and consuming clinical
literature, attending medical society meetings, and engaging with
physician key opinion leaders.
* Lead the ongoing development of the product strategy by
developing a framework for decision making. Shepherd the product
through its development via relentless identification and closure
of user, technical, and business issues.
* Understand competitive, emerging, and complementary technology
and its potential impact on Intuitive's product lines.
* Work with the product engineering and business development teams
to evaluate new technologies and prioritize the new business
* Monitor and prioritize product quality issues. Work on
cross-functional teams to resolve product issues and critical
* Conduct additional activities across the product lifecycle as
needed including, completing long-term forecasting, participating
in product education program development, supporting sustaining
product activities including end of life.
* Effectively attract, develop, train, and retain key staff to
build a high performing team of product managers.
* Become a steward of the corporate culture by living, teaching and
holding your team accountable to it.
Qualifications *Requirements** *
* Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares
about design details and the users' experience with the
* Minimum of 12 years of professional experience and a bachelor's
degree required. - MBA or advanced degree preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of experience within Medical Device Product
* - Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required, graduate
technical or business degrees are preferred
* Extensive experience mentoring and guiding more junior staff.
Direct managerial experience highly preferred.
* Experience defining and managing market and product requirements
for medical devices.
* Experience with minimally invasive surgical products including
capital equipment is highly preferred.
* Strong knowledge of minimally invasive surgery market is highly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
experience presenting to Senior Management.
* Strong hands-on data manipulation and analysis skills.
Demonstrated ability to use data to develop market and product
insights and drive alignment and decision making.
* Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate
across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability
to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This
includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between
engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
* Must be well versed in MS Office Suite. Tableau, and
* Ability to set and meet team goals based on department and
* Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Additional Information Due to the nature of our business and the
role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may
require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain
diseases including COVID-19. - Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and
employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type,
without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran
or disability status, genetic information or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
* Shift : * Day
* Travel : * 25% of the time
Travel Requirements:25% of the time Shift:Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Senior Group Product Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!