Senior Manager of Operations Program Management 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager,
Programs Level 3 to support the Operations Program Management
organization in Sunnyvale, CA .
The Operations Program Manager (OPM) department manages all phases
of program manufacturing from inception through completion. The OPM
group is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical
performance of manufacturing scope on both development, LRIP and
production programs. The OPM leads and coordinates manufacturing
activity across the program life cycle, from capture/proposal
through execution/production and contract closeout. The OPM
coordinates the preparation of operating budgets and manufacturing
plans. They act as the primary customer/PM contact for all
manufacturing activities, leading program review sessions with
customer/PM to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
The OPM establishes high level manufacturing milestones and
monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, and identifies
problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or
changing specifications. They coordinate the work of employees
assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, financial,
and administrative areas.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual
manufacturing requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving
all technical requirements. The individual will lead a
multi-program organization aligned to common manufacturing
Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and
technical performance of manufacturing programs or subsystems and
include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating internal customer relationships.
- Developing long term strategic planning, and development of
proposals and business plans.
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams
(IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance
objectives on manufacturing scope.
- Function as the Operations Execution Manager (OEM) to serve as
the Operations focal point to the PM to drive integrated and
cohesive Operations execution now including Manufacturing, Mission
Assurance and Global Supply Chain.
- Measuring and reporting program performance.
- Delivering presentations to executive management and other
- Participate in the creation, review and finalization of the
manufacturing Statement of Work.
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned
Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control
methodologies and tools.
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources,
including workforce planning.
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information
(GFE, CFE, etc.).
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable
- Ensuring Operations team understands and adheres to contract
scope, and manages change through control board activities.
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices
including identification, mitigation and realization.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of experience; Master's Degree
with 7+ years' experience; PhD with 4+ years of experience
supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project
management in other industries (An a dditional 4+ years experience
in manufacturing program/project management considered in lieu of
- 5+ years of experience leading the performance of tasks on
schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project
lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or
organizations to achieve a common goal.
- Fluent with MS Office products - PowerPoint, Project, Excel,
- Experience with ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a security
- SAP experience preferred.
- Competency with managing production in SAP in a low volume,
high mix manufacturing environment.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management.
- PMI certification and/or PMI-based training.
- Command of Earned Value Management Concepts and
- Government contract experience.
- Experience with hardware production proposals. Salary Range:
$141,300 USD - $211,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Senior Manager of Operations Program Management 3, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!