Site Logistics Manager
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Meta Reality Labs' (RL) Prelaunch Logistics Team is seeking a
Site Logistics Manager to support pre-launch (R&D) operations
globally, including the processes, systems, and vendors supporting
the operations. Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient,
eager to tackle unfamiliar situations with curiosity and tenacity,
while able to inspire and influence team members at different
levels of experience.The Prelaunch Logistics team strives to
execute seamless and efficient movement of goods in the R&D
supply chain. The Site Logistics Manager will have oversight over
all new and existing site logistics requirements. This includes
onboarding new locations to RL processes, collaborating with
cross-functional teams to proactively establish efficient shipping
& receiving functions on site, and creating comprehensive, creative
solutions to support existing sites. The Site Logistics Manager
will also own the management of the onsite chemical inventory
management providers responsible for chemical ordering, receiving,
and replenishment. This role will be a liaison between internal
stakeholders, cross functional teams, and the logistics operations
Site Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Own new RL site logistics onboarding, including review of
pre-launch operational processes, guiding sites through trade and
DG requirements, granting accesses as needed, and creating clear
handoffs to the operational team.
- Establish playbooks and standardized training documents to
drive consistency and efficiencies in onboarding.
- Create broad and scalable logistics solutions that enable site
expansion at existing RL locations. Proactively identify and
correct existing gaps.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across
cross-functional teams and vendors to proactively drive increased
productivity, customer satisfaction, and overall program
- Collaborate, align with, and support subject matter experts
(Security, Trade Ops, DG, Legal, Procurement, etc.) to ensure
operational compliance, integrated planning, and execution.
- Establish new (as needed) and update existing Standard
Operating Procedures ("SOPs") to ensure consistent operations
- Applies a comprehensive, creative approach to identifying and
implementing measurable cost and service improvements. Track and
broadly communicate the impacts.
- Creates site specific strategies and goals, aligned to team and
- Support transportation supplier on-boarding and
implementations, support execution of high-quality third-party
vendor relationships and ensure service agreements are met.
- Periodic travel is required.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain or related field
- 5+ years of experience in managing international logistics,
global transportation, and/or fulfillment operations
- Solid competencies and knowledge on Procurement Practices, 3PL
Partner Management, and global trade & DG compliance
- Presentation, negotiating and influencing skills, presents
service-oriented attitude and a team player
- Foundational knowledge of ERP, TMS, and/or WMS systems,
including master data management and end-to-end system flows
- Solid competencies and understanding of the logistics market
- Experience learning and quickly adapt to multiple software
- Time management skills with experience to cope with rapid
response to priority changes and deadlines
- Experience in Tableau or other data analytics software
- Excellent Project/Program Management with critical thinking and
strong organizational skills in managing project timelines
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Sunnyvale , Site Logistics Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!