System Technical Program Manager (Accessories)
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 10, 2022
As an Accessory Technical Program Manager at Oculus, you will
lead multidisciplinary accessory programs through the product
development process that drive an immersive experience with our
industry-leading virtual reality systems. You will work closely
with external development partners and Oculus Business Development
teams to bring both Oculus and Oculus Certified products to market.
You will establish requirements with internal and external
customers, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated
mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders.
We look for program managers who are natural motivators,
cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving
the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program
execution in a fast-paced innovative environment. System Technical
Program Manager (Accessories) Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Hardware teams (comprised of industrial
design, soft goods, mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers)
developing accessory products from concept to production.
- Drive cross-functional program deliverables by working with
other development teams including operations, software, computer
vision, and research.
- Create development, delivery, and qualification schedules based
on system requirements, technical challenges, lead-times and
- Manage communication within and between internal engineering
and external vendor teams.
- Assist engineering and sourcing teams with supplier evaluation
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate program
statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product
development processes to support internal and external teams in
developing Oculus products and Oculus certified products.
- Manage delivery of samples and mass production parts for the
- Organize required face to face on site meeting with
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including
specifications and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available
for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 30% travel (-20% international, 10% domestic). Minimum
- BS in Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience working as a technical program
manager on consumer electronics or equivalent experience.
- Experience with managing mechanical, electrical, and firmware
processes and deliverables.
- Communication, planning skills, and attention-to-detail.
- Familiarity with program and issue tracking and version control
- Proven experience operating autonomously across multiple teams
- Experience maintaining a positive way of thinking, be a source
of team morale, composed and effective in a fast-paced dynamic
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with packaging. Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Facebook App, Sunnyvale , System Technical Program Manager (Accessories), Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!