Product Manager - AR HMD Hardware
Posted on: May 7, 2022
We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an
Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can
paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted
Displays (HMDs). We're looking for a Product Manager to work with
our engineering teams and external partners to define and bring to
market Niantic's new AR HMD. In this role you will collaborate with
cross-functional teams to understand user requirements and to
investigate and define the technological solutions to meet them.
This role is best suited to a hands-on product manager that is able
to dive deep into the hardware specifications and understands how
to make the tough trade offs between functionality, cost and time
to market. Responsibilities
- Define project plans, establish landmarks, and lead the
development and implementation against goals.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and
ensure the platform is well documented.
- Drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing,
legal and business development teams to build cross-functional
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key
constituents across the organization.
- Establish and manage relationships with external hardware
vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Establish and validate key product KPIs for cost, power,
performance and real-time operation. Qualifications
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer or Electrical Engineering or other
technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of product management or production experience.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills
and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to
- Experience building consumer hardware products. Plus If...
- You have shipped embedded devices based on Android and Linux
such as phones, tablets or set top boxes.
- Experience as an hardware or mechanical engineer building
consumer products. Join the Niantic team! Niantic is the world's
leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging
journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor
exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close. We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group
who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving!
We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale,
Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , Product Manager - AR HMD Hardware, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!