Player Support Operations Manager, Pok-mon GO
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Player Support team is seeking an Operations Manager to
contribute to the planning, execution and day-to-day operations of
various aspects of the Pok--mon GO support team. We provide global
customer support and use tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay
experience for tens of millions of users.
As part of the team, you'll collaborate with individuals across
different functions and within various geographies to provide
excellent operational support for Niantic's location-based gaming
products including but not limited to providing design input for
tools, features and events, crafting documentation, delivering
training materials, documenting bugs and championing their
resolution, representing the players' point of view with colleagues
and advocating on players' behalf.
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship. This role is
based at Niantic's headquarters in San Francisco.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Design, and other departments
to ensure successful launch of support offerings for new product
features and events. This may include crafting help center articles
and other user-facing content, reviewing product designs for
support implications, and developing proposals on how to address
customers' support requests.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to workflow and
process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization,
documenting process, writing user-facing content, product support,
and data analysis.
- Be the point of contact for our support agents; this includes,
but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and
implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following
- Represent the voice of the user in meetings with partners of
varying levels and job functions.
- Serve as a subject-matter guide on our games.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to
more efficiently and optimally own the global support
- Work with regional partners to collect input on regional and
cultural differences and improve implementation plans.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in operations and/or user
support, streamlining and scaling customer focused programs, or
- You don't need to know how to write code but you can connect
with ease to engineers and technical folks. For example, you
understand the concept of client-server architecture or you can get
the gist of it from reading the Wikipedia article on the
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Excellent problem solver with strong analytical and
quantitative skills. You are excited by the opportunity to fix
- Able to lead complex projects and communicate
cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels. You can
take ambiguous details and translate them into executable action
items. You can read an engineering spec for a new feature and
understand where users might need support.
- Standout teammate and self-starter with a positive
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility
in a dynamic, constantly evolving team environment.
- Confidence in analyzing and using data to make informed
decisions and recommendations.
- Real passion for Niantic's mission and products.
- You possess a solid understanding of the following programming
- You care deeply about user experience design and reducing
frustration and user confusion. When you use a product, you often
cannot help but think about how to improve it.
- You have experience working with mobile gaming player
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking
creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products
inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los
Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Sunnyvale , Player Support Operations Manager, Pok-mon GO, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!