Senior Product Manager, da Vinci Multiport Systems
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that
minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity
and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians
to heal without constraints.As a pioneer and market leader in
robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and
diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25
years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the
world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and
advance what is possible.Intuitive has been built by the efforts of
great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can
come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built
around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with
inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as
their most authentic selves.Passionate people who want to make a
difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in
integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get
things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and achieve their highest potential.Join a team committed
to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare
professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world
of minimally invasive care.Primary Function of PositionThe Senior
Product Manager supports da Vinci - Multiport systems across the
entire product lifecycle. This includes managing the product
portfolio roadmap, developing and conducting market and user
research, making product and feature proposals, writing market and
product requirements, shepherding the product through all product
development and design control stages, working with our product
marketing rollout teammates to ensure a successful launch and
providing expertise throughout the entire product lifecycle. The
Senior Product Manager has an in depth understanding of the
customer-facing features of the da Vinci - system (including
clinical application) as well as a solid grounding in the
underlying technical implementation. The Product Manager represents
the voice of the customer (business needs) and the voice of the
user (user needs) to the design and engineering teams and other
internal business partners throughout the entire product lifecycle
process, encouraging sound yet timely decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the system product roadmap and lifecycle in alignment
with the multiport portfolio objectives. Develop business
justification for recommendations and gain alignment across key
stakeholders on project prioritization.
- Develop the business justification for new products and
features by working with customers and company stakeholders.
Develop forecasts and other business analyses, including
competitive assessments, to facilitate sound data-driven decision
- Shepard projects through the product development process
including developing market requirements, providing input to
product requirements, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with
design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the
business in mind.
- Use qualitative and quantitative market research methods and
direct customer interviews and observations to develop insights
that inform the product roadmap. Refine requirements with feedback
from customers, clinical sales and clinical development
- Engage with Human Factors, Industrial Design and Interaction
Design partners during the development process by establishing
design requirements, prioritizing design efforts, coordinating
design reviews, and documenting and communicating design
- Convey product value proposition to global marketing for global
product positioning and messaging
- Measure product success by monitoring product adoption and
seeking post-launch product feedback.
- Develop a deep understanding of the surgical treatments for
applicable indications, including monitoring and consuming clinical
literature, attending medical society meetings and engaging with
physician key opinion leaders.
- Lead the ongoing development of the product strategy by
developing a framework for decision making. Shepherd the product
through its development via relentless identification and closure
of user, technical, and business issues.
- Collaboratively develop global product commercialization plans
with regional marketing and commercial teams.
- Understand competitive, emerging and complementary technology
and its potential impact on Intuitive's product lines.
- Work with the product engineering and business development
teams to evaluate new technologies and prioritize the new business
- Monitor and prioritize product quality issues. Work on
cross-functional teams to resolve product issues and critical
- Conduct additional activities across the product lifecycle as
needed including, completing long-term forecasting, participating
in product education program development, supporting sustaining
product activities including end of life.Requirements
- Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares
about design details and the users' experience with the
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience and a bachelor's
degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within Medical Device Product
- Experience defining and managing market and product
requirements for medical devices
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required, graduate
technical or business degrees are preferred
- Experience with minimally invasive surgical products including
capital equipment is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of minimally invasive surgery market is highly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
experience presenting to Senior Management.
- Strong hands-on data manipulation and analysis skills.
Demonstrated ability to use data to develop market and product
insights and drive decision making.
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate
across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability
to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This
includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between
engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
- Must be well versed in MS Office Suite
- Ability to set and meet goals based on department and corporate
- Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.Due to the nature of
our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your
customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination
against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by
role.Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We
provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected
veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other
status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.We
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.Shift :
Shift 1 - DayTravel : Yes, 25 % of the TimeTravel Requirements:Yes,
25 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day
Keywords: Intuitive, Sunnyvale , Senior Product Manager, da Vinci Multiport Systems, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!