Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for the program management activities and
alignment for strategic programs, coordinating among a wide range
of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that
programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule, with
guidance from senior staff member(s). Serve as the program lead,
responsible and accountable in the planning, development and
delivery of new programs.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the product and
business requirements and the budget process. Actively participates
in the key planning of program milestones drives alignment to these
- Works with senior staff members to identify and obtain
participation from required cross-functional core team members,
including matrixed project managers.
- Maintains program plans and program record. Works with the core
team and senior staff member(s) to identify and schedule all the
work required to fulfill program scope, including identification
and management of critical path tasks. Reviews program plans
regularly with senior staff member(s) for conformance to program
strategy and clearly communicates program status, including program
risks and their mitigation strategies.
- Drives the development and implementation of key goals,
objectives and success criteria for the program. Ensures clear
communication and alignment with stakeholder and delivery
- Works with senior staff member(s) and core team to identify and
analyze risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details
included in the program plan. Ensures the program plan is reviewed
and approved by SBI or a designated staff member, including changes
to the plan as they occur. Analyzes the actual performance against
the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall
timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope,
approach and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all
stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Works with senior
staff members to manage proposed changes to program parameters and
ensures appropriate processes and communications are followed.
Escalates issues to designated team members for guidance and
assistance on how to approach and resolve.
- Serve as liaison with Divisional and Regional market resources
to prepare markets, system and resources for deployment.
- Monitors the quality of program deliverables and works with
senior staff to ensure program objectives and success criteria are
actively managed and achieved. Assists in the development and
monitoring of deployment strategies and tools to support the
implementation of programs in the field through trials and
controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent and collaborative judgment
and discretion in matters of significance.
- Delivers on commitments while demonstrating a high level of
integrity and respect for all teammates and stakeholders.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Strong written, verbal communication and collaboration
- Hands on experience with project management tools: Jira,
Confluence, MS Project, Microsoft Office, Smartsheet
- Independent problem-solving, critical thinking skills and risk
- PMP certification a plus
- Understanding of the systems/architectures that combine to
deliver software services
- Project management experience in a technical software
organization with an agile methodology focus
- Demonstrated capacity to handle additional responsibility for
multiple, parallel efforts and solid facilitation skills
- Experience working in the WiFi / Internet realm desirable
- A dynamic personality that can quickly establish trust and
rapport at all levels of the organization
- Energetic, team oriented, and eager to learn.Disclaimer:
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be
considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in
the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or
in the future.EducationBachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience2-5
YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast
provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most
sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the on our careers site for more details. Associated
topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management,
monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager,
Keywords: Comcast, Sunnyvale , Program Manager, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!