Manager 2 - Program Planning and Scheduling
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 5, 2021
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions.
In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman
brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable
strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us
keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable,
integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel
those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support
yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills,
whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At
Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to
do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Manager 2 - Program
Planning and Scheduling to join its Program Scheduling and
Compliance Center of Excellence. The Manager will be responsible
for leading a department of 6-8 program schedulers, providing
guidance and direction in the preparation and coordination of plans
and integrated schedules for new and existing programs.
This position reports to the Western Regional Scheduling Manager
and is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Program Planning and
Scheduling Manager include, but are not limited to,
- Manage all scheduling efforts and schedule baselines
- Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support,
guidance, troubleshooting, and satisfying Programmatic
- Project management including managing multiple priorities
against ambitious timelines
- Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust,
compliance, continuous improvement and learning
- Support/coordinate internal and external surveillance
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policies, with particular
focus on implementation of the NGMS Earned Value Management
- Provide support to bids, bid reviews, and internal
- Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with
Earned Value Management
- Support integrated baseline reviews
- Advise on integrated project master reports
- Attend site business management meetings to define schedule
needs and work with Sector Scheduling management on resource
- Assist Sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and
objectives for site schedulers
- Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven
- Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent
- Travel 10%, as required RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE
FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
- Bachelors degree with 8 years of hands-on experience relevant
to the position, including Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing
Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software - OR - a Masters
degree with 6 years of experience as described.
- Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management
and earned-value management principles and their application to
- Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator such as
Oracle Primavera Risk Analyzer
- Experience in a DOD manufacturing or engineering development
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint,
MS Excel, MS Word).
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the
- US Citizenship is a prerequisite. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a Business Administration or Engineering
with 10 years of hands-on experience in Program Planning /
Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling
- Familiarity with Earned Value tools (MPM, Cobra, etc.)
- Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical
path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment.
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity
- Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
- Current, active US Secret or Top Secret clearance. Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , Manager 2 - Program Planning and Scheduling, Executive , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!